We (the Barbican Theatre) would like to work with a theatre company based in the South West, who have only been making work for a relatively short period of time, and who make imaginative and thoughtful work.
We want to invest time, effort and some money into creating a piece of work together.
This project is part of our Flourish artists development programme.
We hope that this relationship will last longer than just this call. We would like this relationship to begin in November 2012.
This is an opportunity to make a piece of work with:
- Artistic support from both the artistic director and the dance director.
- Producing and marketing support.
- Making space.
- A broker between you and the community of Plymouth.
- Showing space.
We like work that involves stories and also work that reaches a broad audience, in this instance we would like to focus on work which inspires young people.
We want to begin to develop new audiences for both you, as a regionally based company as well as for the Barbican Theatre and want this opportunity to be as much about that as it is about making the work.
In order for you or your company to be considered we need the following:
- Up to 700 word proposal about the piece of work you would like to make (if this work is already being made we will still consider it).
- Up to 200 words about why you would like to work with the Barbican team and make the work in Plymouth.
- A reference/statement of support from someone you have previously worked with/someone that knows your work.
- A budget detailing the development period that you would want and what you would need. (we understand that this will be a draft budget and that we will work together if you are successful)
- Video footage of your work/ invitation to see your work.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity or with the application form, please contact Emily Williams Emily@barbicantheatre.co.uk
Deadline 14th September 2012 5pm.
Barbican Theatre, Plymouth
Emily Williams, Emily [at] barbicantheatre.co.uk | n/a