Can you spare the price of a cup of coffee a month? Your donation will help us do more of this:
- ensuring it is free of charge to post content here (e.g. jobs, shows)
- building the community and resources on this website
- giving free expert advice and help to artists in Bristol
- kick-starting initiatives which make Bristol an even better place to make and see brilliant live performance
Theatre Bristol is an independent organisation, which works to improve the live performance ecology in and around Bristol.
If you believe in our work and us… if you’ve benefited in any way from the free services we provide and the communities we’re part of… if you wish to see us continue to provide free, open, advice and support for our talented artist communities, then please support us. We need your help – even the price of a cup of coffee make a big difference!
More about Theatre Bristol
Theatre Bristol combines open and generous grassroots professional support with strategic, collective action to ensure our thriving theatre industry is more exciting, more relevant and more accessible to more people in our city.
Your support for Theatre Bristol will directly impact our work in the following ways:
– Keep our bespoke, expert artist support service free to use and open to anyone who wants help with developing their ideas or finding their way into and through the theatre industry.
– Keep enabling independent artists to influence the theatre industry, making sure new and independent thinking has a voice alongside institutions, in shaping our cultural future.
– Maintain our organisational independence, so we can support artists whose ideas fall outside the curatorial boundaries of established theatre programmes.
– Stay driven by our ethos, prioritising openness, generosity, kindness, honesty, multiplicity and independence in our approach.
Pay it Forward
We offer a radical support service for artists – it’s completely free, open to anyone, and run by practising professional artists who offer their experience, knowledge and networks to others. This makes a virtuous circle of sector improvement and benefit, ensuring Bristol remains a brilliant place for people to make and see live performance.
This service is currently totally free because we feel it’s important to support artists with their journey and we know from personal experience, it’s not always an easy one. We also believe deeply in continuing to ensure the artist community feels diverse and inclusive – ensuring these opportunities are available and accessible to as wide a range of talented artists as possible.
We need your help in order to ensure this remains a free service.
If you’re an artist who has benefited from our free advice service in the past, would recommend it to others, and believes that access to the arts should be freely available to all, then please gift a free session on to another.
The equivalent value of one free face-to-face session is £33.
– Can you personally gift a session to someone?
– If not in one go, could you gift £2.75 a month, as the equivalent of one free session?
– Gift what you can, as a one-off or regular amount… every penny counts!
Make an Impact
If you wish to make a real impact and would like further information about our business model and aims and objectives, please contact Sarah Kingswell, Director of Business Development, on or 0117 373 0873
Know someone who might be interested in our work?
Please share this page with others and help us continue to champion and support Bristol’s independent art sector: