This tutorial will take you through creating an account on theatrebristol.net.
If you’ve already set up your account you can skip to the Intro to My Account.
Creating an Account
In order to add content to theatrebristol.net you’ll first need to create an account. Creating an account is easy – all you’ll need is an email address. Below will take you through everything you need to know in 2 easy steps.
Step one: Register
Visit theatrebristol.net/register to register.
Open up the link above in a web browser. You might want to open it in a new window or tab so you can still read these instructions too.
The page that loads will look something like this:
Name: In the name field enter your name. This will be shown as the author of any content you add to the site.
Email: Enter a valid email address to which you have access.
Password and Repeat Password: Enter a password you’ll remember to secure your account. Passwords must be at least 6 characters long.
Subscribe to the newsletter: If you want to subscribe to our weekly newsletter check this box. No pressure, but it’s packed full of everything that’s going on in Bristol in the week, and you can easily unsubscribe at a later date.
I’m not a robot: If you are not a robot, tick the box. If you are a robot, sorry, but I don’t think the site’s for you.
Once you’ve filled out the form, go ahead and click the “Submit” button at the bottom.
(You should receive a confirmation email within a few minutes. If you don’t appear to have received that email be sure to check your spam or junk mail folder.)
Step 2: Log in
Assuming you entered valid details you should get through to a confirmation page that looks like this:
After you’ve registered, click the link “You can now login with your email address and the password you chose when you registered”.
Enter the login and password details you created at Step 1 and click the “Log In” button.
You should now be signed in to your My Account page, and you can start contributing to the site!
An introduction to My Account
Once you’ve logged in visit your My Account page, where you can manage your contributions to the site:
You can navigate around using the menu on the right-hand side. From here you can:
- Create your Directory Profile, add to your About You, pictures and portfolio.
- Link your profile to an Organisation you’re a part of, or add a new Organisation.
- Add a Job listing or an Opportunity listing here. You can also add to the Community Noticeboard.
- Add your Events in a range of Categories: Shows, Classes, Talks, Workshops and Industry Events.
- If you manage a Space that could be used for performance or rehearsal, add a Space.
A quick guide on where to post things:
- Jobs: For paid professional work. These must be fully paid in accordance with minimum wage regulations.
- Opportunities: For other opportunities, such as residencies and work experience. Adverts for genuine work experience, voluntary roles, profit share or unpaid internships can be posted here. Theatre Bristol recognises that there is great value in people having access to proper work experience, where it is offered and arranged properly and is a mutually beneficial arrangement, but that this should never be used as a way of attempting to circumvent the minimum wage regulations.
- Events: For Shows, Classes, Talks, Workshops and Industry Events. You can now categorise your events
- Noticeboard: For anything else, eg. people looking for collaborators, or anything a bit more ‘miscellaneous’.
- Please don’t cross-post! Content should only be posted to the single most appropriate section of the site.
If you’re unsure where to post, .
And if you ever want to get back to your My Account page from anywhere on the website, just click the link in the top left hand corner once you’re logged in, or choose where you want to go from the dropdown menu.