Theatre Bristol has always been passionate about dance; we are here to support and develop all live performance.
Here’s some of the ways in which we are involved with dance in Bristol:
- we are a member of the Bristol Dance Futures Consortium.
- we share ideas around dance strategy at every monthly team meeting and every quarterly board meeting
- choreographer Laila Diallo is on our board
- we support dance artists through our artist support service; one-to-one support that’s totally bespoke and completely free
- twice a year we run Testing Ground – a platform for dance artists and companies, emerging or established, to test new performance ideas in front of a live audience
- we support artists, including dance artists, in attending conferences and events with our TB Agents bursary initiative
- we worked with Bristol Plays Music on the Cultural Curriculum for Bristol project