In this one-day workshop with portrait poet Beth Calverley (founder of The Poetry Machine) and WriteClub’s Alison Powell, you’ll learn to distill your words and create spellbinding characters that leap off the page. We’ll examine the poet’s craft and bring those tools to our prose, and we’ll also be transforming prose to poetry – magic!
Ideal for poets and prose-writers alike, this workshop is designed to:
* help you imagine new characters
* develop and depict existing characters in your work
* explore the tools that poets use to find the very best words
* give you the skills to confidently edit your writing
* allow you space to share your new work with a supportive group
Whether you’re a complete beginner, or knee-deep in your work-in-progress, you’re bound to find something in this one-day masterclass to refresh and uplift your writing.
Come and hold your work up to the light.
Booking essential. To find out more about the event and to book your place, visit www.writeclub.org.uk.