No new dates booked in at the moment but please contact me if you’d like to host a workshop!
Ideal for staff and volunteers working in community, leisure and arts centres, or similar broad-service venues, and especially those that hire out their spaces to community groups or for classes and private events.
“I can’t praise Trish highly enough for the level of professionalism and detail that went into our bespoke training day. All staff members in attendance came away feeling excited about what they had learnt. Thank you Trish!” Jenny Crowell, Marketing and Access Officer, the Egg Theatre Bath
People often think that improving Access for disabled people begins and ends with ramps for wheelchair users, but there’s so much you can do to make your spaces and services more accessible – AND it doesn’t need to cost the earth or take up all your time!
We’ll focus on a practical, basics-first approach to Everyday Access, and you can easily tailor it to your own venue or centre.
Together we will:
build confidence ✓ increase awareness ✓ improve accessibility for your visitors ✓ broaden your visitor base ✓
We’ll talk about lots of low- and no-cost everyday solutions, as well as suggestions that you can develop over time. It’s delivered in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere, helping you to work towards improving the experience of all D/deaf and disabled people visiting or working in your centre.
We will cover:
* The Equality Act 2010 and your responsibilities as Voluntary / Charity sector service providers, types of Discrimination, the Social Model of Disability, and Reasonable Adjustments
* Customer service awareness sessions: assisting people who are Blind or partially sighted, living with Dementia, Deaf or hard of hearing, neurodiverse or with an Autism spectrum condition
* Marketing and communications – simple solutions!
* Participant-led venue accessibility assessment
* Step-by-step guidance and detailed resources
Let’s work together to make sure Access & Inclusivity Matters in your organisation!
Cost: £50 per person