“Can I have some money, please?” is a scary question, however it’s formulated. What does ‘asking nicely’ mean in fundraising and how can you get better at it?
This is the third in a series of six workshops presented in partnership with the Arts Fundraising and Philanthropy programme to support early career and emerging artists in their fundraising.
We will look at:
- Tailoring the ‘ask’ to the audience
- Creating opportunities to ask for money
- Building a case for support
- Managing fundraising relationships
This session will give participants skills to create, as well as identify, opportunities to ask for money effectively and with more confidence.
Whilst there is no strict personal specification, to get the most from the workshops participants should:
- Have a project they are actively working on
- Need funding to deliver the project
- Be prepared to discuss the project and its budget
- Have secured or be familiar with ACE Grants for the Arts / Project funding
- Have created and delivered their own projects
Numbers are strictly limited.
Sessions are led by Robin, a professional fundraiser specialising in work with independent artists and small companies. It is the first in a series of six: