Salary: GBP Up to £20,000.00 depending on experience
Application Deadline: May 20, 2019 5:00 pm
Company: Corn Exchange, Newbury
Reports to: Head of 101 & Outdoor Programmes
Hours: 40 hours per week
Holiday: 28 days increasing by a day for each year of service to a
maximum of 33 days
The Corn Exchange seeks a capable and versatile individual for the role of 101 Technical Operations Coordinator, the Trust’s Outdoor Arts Creation Space at Greenham Common.
The 101 Technical Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day site management and maintenance of 101 and scenic construction workshop and for the upkeep of associated equipment and facilities including artist accommodation.
You will provide practical support for visiting artist residencies, ensure the spaces are equipped and maintained for artistic residences and support the creation of in-house or associated outdoor arts productions.
As 101 continues to develop this role will be responsible for developing systems to effectively manage the centre’s resources and facilities, service provision and user experience.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have knowledge and experience of workshop and building equipment
- Experience of sound, lighting and staging equipment
- Have practical skills which may include prop making, construction and maintenance
- Have an interest in outdoor arts events
- Hold a full clean driving licence with access to a car
- Have a can do attitude with a creative problem solving approach
- The ability to supervise contractors/casuals/volunteers
- Have experience managing and reporting on expenditure and stock
- To be self—directed and enjoy managing their own work load
- Have demonstrable teamwork skills
- Have a flexible and versatile approach to work
- Have good communication skills and be able to form relationships with a range of building users
- Experience in outdoor events work
If you wish to apply for the post, please complete the attached Equal Opportunities and Application Form and return to Guy Dickens, Head of Technical and Operations, with a covering letter to Corn Exchange, Market Place, Newbury, RG14 5BD, or email to no later than 5pm on Monday 20 May.