Salary: GBP Up to £500 per month for 1-2 days work
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019 12:00 am
Company: Theatre Bristol
Bristol DIY Arts Network needs someone who is able to represent the voices and needs of artists and independent creative arts practitioners in Bristol.
As co-chair of the steering group, you will play a key role in ensuring artists are strongly represented at a city level, so that artists can influence decision-making in the city – around key issues that affect the cultural sector now and in future.
With the other Co-chair, you will be an active member of the steering committee and work alongside working group leads and members of the DIY Arts Network to encourage the development of effective working partnerships between network members, the Bristol cultural sectors and key stakeholders, always championing the voice of the artist.
Who & what we are looking for;
- Someone with passion and commitment to Bristol’s arts and cultural scene
- An artist / independent creative individual – or someone able to demonstrate how they can strongly represent artists and creatives in the city and be accepted as that voice / spokesperson.
- Ability to champion and be a strong voice for the artists and independent community in the city
- Able to commit 1-2 days per month for up to 6 months
- Able to attend and co-chair Steering Group meetings and other ad hoc sessions
- Communicate effectively with artists and ensuring broad range of views are represented and assimilated into discussions.
- Demonstrate high level of integrity and act in the interests of independent artists and creative practitioners
- Be committed to equality and inclusion – willing to champion all artists / art forms to ensure wide representation and views are contributed
- Someone able to challenge, provoke, support and bring a critical perspective to the work of the Bristol DIY arts network steering group
For full details and to apply, please see the attached job description.
0117 373 0873