Salary: GBP 500 / week plus expenses
Application Deadline: June 16, 2019 11:59 pm
Acrojou is an artist-led circus company based in the UK which blends theatre, acrobatics, dance, bespoke structures and sublime visuals, creating contemporary circus productions for events worldwide. We currently have an opportunity for a highly skilled circus, illusion, dance or physical theatre artist to join our creative team for our next production, Vagabond Matter.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Working as a key artistic collaborator during our creation period within a dynamic circus and theatre company, with a close, passionate and highly creative team. Flexible dates/ hours within project period available.
Vagabond Matter will combine physical performance with science, technology and design engineering, in an investigation into the impact of scientific evolution on Human self-perception, and our future as a species. For information on the concept: www.acrojou.com/vagabond-matter
We are seeking a highly creative and skilled physical performer to join the cast for the following periods:
– creation in July & August 2019 in the South of France
– further creation & rehearsals in September, November 2019 and January 2020 in the UK
– UK tour in 2020 Spring
Deadline: 6pm Sunday 16th June 2019
Audition: Thursday 20th June, London (times and location TBC) – invitation only
Project dates: 1st July – 1st September 2019 (creation period), flexible around selected applicants availability.
All offers are made subject to: receipt of satisfactory references, proof of identity, address and eligibility to work in the UK.
As the ideal candidate, you would be:
- Highly skilled in your physical discipline.
- Highly creative, an innovative thinker eager to interrogate, and share discourse on, Human experience through your artistic discipline.
- Excited by, and ideally experienced in, the process of creating artist-led work collaboratively.
- Able to work collaboratively and independently, maintaining a high level of motivation and artistic drive throughout the project.
- Passionate about art and life, with a desire to contribute and to grow personally, as a member of our artistic team.
- A hard-worker and team-player.
A high level in one of the below specialisms:
- Secondary artistic, creation or performance skills that will contribute to the research process in whatever form are a definite positive.
Please email CV and showreel / videos to