Salary: GBP £1413 [3 weeks at Equity recommended rates for performers: £471 / week, funding confirmed]
Application Deadline: September 6, 2018 9:00 am
Company: Kick the Dirt theatre
Professional Bull Riding (PBR) is often called “the most dangerous sport on earth”. BULLS*** looks at what happens when a woman enters a male arena, exploring themes of identity, gender, hyper-masculinity, power and the body.
The show is a development of a well-received early stage sharing. We are interested in playing with form, employing physicality, object manipulation, sound and video projection.
Kick the Dirt is lead artist Nicole Redfern, working in collaboration with a number of associate creatives. We are an emerging company, interested in making work which comes from the gut: live, physical, honest and political.
- Male, playing age 20-35, comfortable with multiroling and ensemble work.
- Experience working physically or with movement (eg. physical theatre, dance, martial arts, acrobatics, clowning, circus, partner-based movement).
- Comfortable with collaborative devising processes where ideas, text, movement, character and sound are developed in the rehearsal space with the company.
- Passable American accent (Southern / Mid-West), or a good ear for accents.
- Experience of object manipulation / puppetry beneficial but not essential.
Note the director wishes to cast diversely. For this role, we will ONLY be considering applications from BAME artists.
Fee: The fee for the work will be 3 weeks at Equity recommended rates for performers (£471 / week, funding confirmed).
We regret that we cannot pay relocation fees – all applicants MUST live (or have a base) within commuting distance of Plymouth.
- 22nd October – 2nd November (excluding weekends)
- 19th + 20th November (provisional)
- 6th – 15th December (excluding 8th and 9th), including show dates: 13th, 14th, 15th December
All rehearsals will be in Plymouth.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- A CV, headshot and / or showreel
- A brief summary of what interests you about the project (150 words max)
- Availability for audition in weeks commencing 10th and 17th September 2018.
Deadline: 9 am, Thursday 6th September 2018.
Auditions to be held in Plymouth, in the week commencing 10th September or 17th September.
Any questions, please email us!