Salary: GBP £100 per performer
Application Deadline: July 13, 2018 5:00 pm
Company: The Invisible Circus
The Invisible Circus will be hiding out in the dark alleys and dirty corners of Old Town. Jump into the colourful lives of these misfits and miscreants. Discover the dark secrets, loves, lies and legacies, of this motley circus – what they are running from and why they can’t go home
The Invisible Circus are back and will once again be taking over the Old Town district of Boomtown 2018 and we are on the search for character performers!
Following the success of our 2017 Old Town experience, this year we are working on a grander scale and we would love you to be a part of this immersive extravaganza.
- Must be able to attend a rehearsal workshop on Tuesday 31st July in Bristol.
- On site by Tuesday evening 7th August – ready to rehearse the following Wednesday (8th).
- Live dates: Thursday 9th August/Friday 10th August/Saturday 11th August – with Sunday off.
- 4 hour shifts.
- Confident in your ability to improvise in character over long periods.
- Comfortable enough to deal with unusual scenarios typical to festival performance.
- Ready and eager to dive into your role and engage with your fellow actors!
- Be comfortable performing on balconies as well as on ground level.
- Be able to make your own way to the site – we will help with working out lift shares. (Travel expenses not included, but parking passes will be supplied).
- Bring your own tent and desired camping necessities, including breakfast.
- A broad and diverse range of applicants are welcomed.
What you’ll receive…
- 2 Meals a day provided.
- £100 retainer per performer (In order to receive this you must turn up on time to all shifts ready and able to work).
For actors interested in applying, please send us a CV and covering letter expressing:
- Why do you want to perform in Old Town with The Invisible Circus?
- Why do you think you would be suitable for this role?
You are also welcome to send us through a video application/alternative evidence in support of your application – creativity welcomed!
Send all info to: [email protected]
Please feel free to pass this on to your fellow actors or anyone you think may be suitable!
*Deadline: Friday 13th July 2018*