Salary: GBP Hourly rate of £7.85. Guaranteed 15 hours a week with potential for more shifts.
Application Deadline: August 28, 2018 10:00 am
Company: Tobacco Factory Theatres
Box Office Assistant
Reports to: Box Office Supervisor/Operations Manager
Tobacco Factory Theatres is looking for a new Box Office Assistant at an incredibly exciting moment for the theatre. In October we prepare to open a second theatre space and continue to further expand our programme of engagement, participation and development opportunities for young people, artists and audiences.
We are looking for a flexible, reliable, proactive and friendly member of staff who can work on our Box Office during opening hours (11am to 6.30pm Monday to Saturday with some exceptions) and for evening show get-ins.
- Represent the theatre in a helpful and friendly manner; ensuring the highest standard of customer care while maintaining the unique, approachable and accessible persona that Tobacco Factory Theatres is known for.
- Work alongside the Box Office Supervisor and Operations Manager to ensure the smooth running of the Box Office.
- Work on the Box Office proactively selling tickets, upselling additional productions including multibuys, donations, memberships, merchandise and show programmes.
- Keep abreast of the Tobacco Factory Theatres programme including shows, pricing, multibuy offers, opportunities to donate and Children and Young People, Get Involved and Artist Development activities etc. in order to better inform and advise customers in line with the previous point.
- Work alongside the rest of the Box Office team to complete invoicing for schools and other group tickets, organise posting of tickets, and complete cashing up and reconciliation of daily takings, as well as other related tasks asked of you by the Box Office Supervisor or Operations Manager
- Work alongside the rest of the Box Office team, including volunteers, to hand out tickets and liaise with Front of House staff prior to performances in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Positively and proactively respond to customer needs and enquiries, including resolving difficult situations and involving the Operations Manager in complaints where appropriate.
- Key-holding responsibilities, including locking up the building at the end of the night, as required.
- Must have excellent customer service experience.
- Previous key-holding responsibilities.
- Cash handing and banking experience.
- Good experience working in a Box Office.
- Experience with the Box Office system Spektrix.
- Efficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel programmes.
Guaranteed 15 hours a week, throughout the year
Box Office Assistant Hourly rate: £7.85
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Box Office Assistant
Working hours: Guaranteed 15 hours a week, througout the year, with opportunity to take on more box office shifts.
Salary: Box Office Assistant Hourly rate: £7.85
Contract: Zero Hour contract
Holiday: Accrued based on the number of shifts worked
Employer: Tobacco Factory Arts Trust
Location of post: Tobacco Factory Theatres, Raleigh Road, Bristol, BS3 1TF
Responsible to: Operations Manager/ Box Office Supervisor
Trial period: Three months
Notice period: One month
Applications by: 10am Tue 28 August 2018. We regret that applications received after this time cannot be considered.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
In the subject bar please write ‘Box Office Assistant’
The above can be found on our website: https://www.tobaccofactorytheatres.com/news/