Salary: GBP Competitive rates based on experience
Application Deadline: January 20, 2019 12:00 pm
Company: Degrees of Error
Degrees Of Error are an improvised theatre company that tours throughout the U.K. and plays the Edinburgh Festival Fringe each year. Our flagship production, Murder She Didn’t Write, has played at the Pleasance Fringe venues for the last 2 years and now enjoys a monthly residency at London’s Leicester Square Theatre.
We are looking for a new Technician to join our touring company, for shows throughout 2019 and beyond. This person will be responsible for the safe operation of the Lighting and Sound tech at venues played by the company, as well as helping with transport of company members and set between locations. For this reason, we are requesting that all applicants have a current UK driving licence and experience of a driving long wheel base van.
The most suitable applicants will have the following:
- Previous experience in amateur or professional Events Lighting and Sound tech.
- Knowledge of the UK improv scene.
Availability to work weekends and evenings (tour dates are usually provided at least three months in advance).
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Experience of driving a long wheel base van.
- Timekeeping and organisational skills
- Flexible availability to work evenings and some overnight dates (accommodation provided).
- Good communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Attention to detail and ability to problem solve.
- Experience or certification of fire and electrical safety.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Running and Operation of Lighting and PA Systems before and during shows.
- Helping to transport set and company members between locations.
Working alongside Degrees’ Admin Team and our management company to co-ordinate transport and liaise with technical staff at venues.
If you are interested in this role please get in touch with us at email@example.com, detailing your experience and why you’d be interested in joining the company. We will be looking to meet people in January 2019.
- Position: Technician and Company Member, with the option to progress to Technical Manager from September 2019.
- Competitive pay rates based on experience.
- Current tour dates: Feb 22nd – Maesteg Town Hall, March 1st – Teignmouth Pavilion, 28th March – Trinity Arts Centre, Gainsborough, 29th March – Laundry Theatre, Bowness-On-Windermere, 30th March – The Dukes, Lancaster, 21st June – Sterts Theatre Cornwall, 20th July – Bracknell Arts Festival, August – Edinburgh Fringe (Part run – Dates TBC). There is the option to work more dates during this period if desired, this can be negotiated with our curent technical manager.
- Training: Full training of show format provided during rehearsals with the company and current technical manager.