Salary: GBP £8.23 per hour
Application Deadline: June 17, 2019 5:00 pm
Company: Strode Theatre (Strode College)
If you are interested in joining a small team in a busy theatre as a in projectionist / technician in the heart of Somerset, we’d love to hear from you!…
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare and operate films for projection on digital projection equipment;
- To prepare and operate live screenings by satellite and complete tests;
- To set up screen and speakers ready for film and live screenings and to clear the stage when necessary in the Theatre and Studio;
- To prepare and operate the pre-screening PowerPoint presentation as part of the film programme;
- To liaise with the Technical Manager and other projectionists on rota allocations for each season;
- To occasionally check receipt of DCPs and KDMs;
- To assist the Duty Manager in preparation of the auditorium by preparing wheelchair spaces, checking sound levels and hearing loop functionality;
- To provide technical support to shows and events, enabling access to house technical equipment in the theatre and studio, ensuring H&S compliance in the stage and backstage areas;
- To comply with the requirements of the Premises Licence of Strode Theatre.
- To comply with the College’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety Regulations and the Equal Opportunities Policy.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
A good level of general education to at least O level/GCSE standard or equivalent.
– Experience of film projection;
– Experience of working in a theatre environment.
Aptitudes/skills and personal qualities
– Attention to detail;
– Maintaining high standards of presentation;
– Completing everything to do with a task no matter how much detail is involved;
– Ability to work constructively as part of a team of technicians and in the context of the wider theatre team;
– Ability to work alone and unsupervised;
– Ability to work under pressure, remaining calm and polite;
– Prepared to show commitment to the Theatre’s policy of access for all;
– Ability to recognise problems and deal with difficulties effectively;
– Initiative and energy to work to a high standard;
– Flexible availability;
– Pleasant, cheerful and of smart appearance.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The post will commence as soon as possible.
- Rate of pay is £8.23 per hour paid monthly in arrears by claim form.
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year (pro rata)
- The successful applicant will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Further information about the Disclosure scheme can be found at www.disclosure.gov.uk or by contacting the information line on 0870 90 90 811
- A mandatory training session on Safeguarding Children should be undertaken during the first six months.
- It is a condition of appointment that the salary will be paid directly into a bank or building society account
The College operates a No Smoking Policy and wishes to draw this to the attention of applicants.
As an equal opportunities employer, Strode College particularly welcomes applications from those who are disabled or members of ethnic minorities since these groups are a present under-represented on the Strode staff.
Completed application forms should be returned to Carol Corbett, HR Officer, Strode College, Church Road, Street, Somerset, BA16 0AB by Monday 17 June 2019.
01458 844 450