Salary: GBP Dependant on experience
Application Deadline: December 22, 2019 1:00 am
Company: Tessa Bide Productions
*PLEASE READ: Fortunately for us, but unfortunately for prospective applicants, we no longer require a new Co-Producer, as our current, excellent CP has had a change of situation and is staying. Apologies for this change of position.*
Tessa Bide Productions is looking for a Co-Producer to join our small team for 8 hours per week, in order to manage and grow one of Bristol’s leading children’s theatre companies. They will be working alongside Artistic Director Tessa Bide and the following experience is essential:
- Fundraising: writing successful Arts Council England bids
- Tourbooking: we are often booking tours for more than three productions at one time. The Co-Producer will tour-book on a national and international level (using the company’s existing database of bookers); liaise with existing venues & festivals; and cultivate and continue relationships with venue producers and bookers.
- Financial management: writing and managing budgets and cashflow spreadsheets, invoicing venues, and day-to-day work such as reconciliation of company spending.
- Artist liaison: contracting artists, finding availability for teams of artists with ever-changing freelancer diaries.
- Marketing: Creating comprehensive Marketing and Venue packs for each touring show; writing e-newsletters (we use Mailchimp); managing social media across all the major platforms and organising print design, creation and shipment for tours.
The following experience is desirable:
- Experience of writing successful >£15k ACE bids
- A good knowledge of trusts and foundations and funding opportunities outside of ACE and experience of applying to them.
- Tourbooking small-to-mid-scale children’s theatre nationally and internationally, and securing co-productions with venues.
The role involves a high-degree of computer literacy, and uses spreadsheets, emails and websites on a regular basis. The role will start as 8 hours per week with the view to extend this to 12 per week in the first few months. During peak times (when Tessa is away on tour/in rehearsals etc), this may be extended to 16+ hours, dependent on availability. The working hours are flexible, and can be split/moved day to suit both the CP’s schedule, and the Producers’, week-to-week. The Company are based in Pennywell Studios, Old Market (Bristol), and the CP will have the option of splitting their time between working remotely and in the studio. Fee will be dependent on experience, but will be paid hourly. The CP will remain a Freelancer so should be aware of their own N.I contributions etc.
To apply please send a CV, with details of 2 referees and a covering letter detailing why you are interested in this role and some information about your interests with up to 2 links to your previous, relevant work. Please send your application to [email protected] with the subject CO-PRODUCER. Deadline: 9am on Wednesday 8th January 2020. Interviews likely to be on the morning of Monday 13th January in Bristol. Handover sessions from the current CP, in the w/c 20th Jan.