Salary: GBP 24,000 pro rata 3 days per week
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019 12:00 pm
Company: Mufti Games
Mufti Games are hiring a Company Manager to steer our touring activities and help us grow as an organisation.
Founded in 2013, we engage with play. We believe in the power and the importance of play for all ages. Our work is unique, accessible and fun. We incorporated as a company limited by guarantee in 2018.
We tour a compendium of playable theatre shows, run regular workshops and create bespoke games for clients ranging from universities to city councils, energy initiatives to arts centres. We use play to engage people in ideas, research and heritage and encourage play for play’s sake.
Our shows have played at venues including National Theatre, Eden Project and Festival Number 6 and have a busy 2019 season ahead. We’re launching our newest game One Kid and their Dog and continuing to tour MASSIVE BATTLESHIPS , L_ve Hangman and ROMANS! to family, music and civic events in England, Scotland and wider Europe.
We want someone to captain the company, streamline our systems and help navigate a clear course. We’re looking for an ambitious, organised, self motivated individual who is excited by the potential of this company.
On a day to day basis, you will be joining our Creative Director, Malcolm and our Visual Storyteller Bryony. We are evolving an associate artist scheme and alongside our brilliant performers, designers and makers, have a small board of directors who support the company on a voluntary basis.
This is currently a part time role, but we want you to help it expand, and for the salary to grow alongside the company. We’re looking for someone to develop with us, potentially working towards a partnership. Our Creative Director will continue to lead the creative vision for the company and will work with you to diversify and find new opportunities to engage people. We have products and projects that could be expanded, avenues for new initiatives and the real potential to flourish.
You’ll be the port of call for bookings and our team, the nuts and bolts of the operation. We’ll want you to represent the company, keeping good communication with clients and team.
Role will include
- handling bookings, communication with clients
- logistics for touring- risk assessments, transport, accomodation
- Keeping finance records up to date and managing our banking
- Managing funded and commercial budgets
- Supporting funding strategies and the writing of bids
- Supporting us to diversify income streams and find new markets
- Business planning
- Working with our Visual Storyteller to ensure marketing strategy is on track
- Attending arts and play events
- Supporting the expansion our audiences in the UK and abroad.
- Experience of budget management and financial control
- Experience of tour management, or transferable skills.
- A strong communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to develop and sustain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Exceptional organisational skills with an ability to work effectively as part of a team and alone
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and take the lead on projects
- Ability to think strategically and plan for the future
- Experience of commercial and publically funded income streams
- Experience of outdoor touring theatre
- A knowledge of the outdoor arts sector in the UK and internationally
- Enthusiasm for training, mentoring and support
- Experience in negotiating contracts
- A passion for play and wellbeing
We are offering £24k pro rata, 3 days a week flexible hours.
We see the role as 2 days tour and activity management, one day strategic thinking and future planning, but this will fluctuate.
This contract is initially fixed term 6 months subject to review, but with the anticipation of it continuing and growing.
We’re members of the Network for Creative Enterprise, are members of NASA and Outdoor Arts. You’ll have access to all of our professional networks, support with training and development and you’ll travel to see our shows on the road.
Please send us your CV, detailing relevant experience and tell us what draws you to the company and this role. We’d also love to know what play means to you.
If you would prefer to apply via a video of yourself, audio or by another means, please feel free to do so. We are an inclusive company and intend to be representative of society, we encourage applications from all backgrounds.
Deadline: High noon, 28th February.
Interviews: 6th March in central Bristol
Start w/c 11th March – flexible start through March if required.