Salary: GBP 18500
Application Deadline: December 15, 2017 12:00 pm
Company: Corn Exchange Newbury
Job Title: Education Officer and Youth Theatre Leader
Reports to: Education Co-ordinator and Youth Theatre Director
Salary: Up to £18,500 depending on experience
Terms: 40 hours per week
Hours: Full-Time, Tuesday to Saturday and including evening delivery.
- To work with the Education Co-ordinator and Youth Theatre Director to plan and deliver a dynamic programme of drama projects for and with young people aged 4 – 18 in schools and community groups, including the termly Youth Theatre programme.
- To deliver sessions in the Learning Centre for a range of participants including our under 5s programme.
- To cultivate existing relationships with schools as well as continuing to develop new ones to diversify and expand our reach.
- To work with the Education Co-ordinator and Youth Theatre Director to create, maintain and deliver and lead a programme of drama projects for Key Stage 1, 2 and 3 that enhances creative learning in schools and supports teachers to deliver high quality arts provision.
- Create links between the Trust’s ambitious arts programme and opportunities for schools (across all key stages) to engage with the professional performance programme.
- To co-ordinate school projects that are delivered by partner organisations and freelance practitioners.
- To work proactively with the team to develop new audiences and ensure advocacy of the work locally.
- To provide enriching and exciting arts experiences for young people, enabling people to feel connected to the Corn Exchange and all of its activities.
If you wish to apply for the post, please complete the Equal Opportunities and Information forms to be found on our website, and return to Charlotte Hall along with your CV and covering letter to Corn Exchange, Market Place, Newbury, RG14 5BD, or email to no later than midday on 15th December.
Interviews will take place on 19th December and there may be a second round of interviews where we will ask you deliver a session after this date.