Salary: GBP TBC
Application Deadline: February 28, 2019 8:00 am
Company: Unique Voice CIC
Creative Facilitator & Actor Required
About Unique Voice?
Unique Voice is a nationally accredited social enterprise working frontline in schools and communities across the South West of England, delivering creative programmes using the Arts as a medium to make a positive and long-lasting social impact to over 65,000 young people to date.
Unique Voice create programmes designed to enable young people to learn, develop and grow in all aspects of their socio-educational and emotional development whether that is through classroom based learning or community campaigns. Unique Voice has a glowing reputation for providing current and engaging programmes on topics such as mental health, crime and anti-bullying with much of their work aligned to safeguarding and early intervention based services through performance, film and workshop programmes.
About the role
We are currently looking for an actor with strong workshop facilitation skills. All applicants must be willing to travel outside of Bristol for the delivery of services when required.
Strong workshop facilitation skills are of the upmost importance in being a part of the Unique Voice team. Performers will be required to solo lead workshops to a very high standard, using drama to convey key learning objectives.
Applicant requirements Essential
- Experience working with drama and young people.
- Playing age 11-15 years old.
- Willingness to under go a DBS check with the update service.
- Passion for the arts/education and using drama to help enhance learning.
- Strong and confident in workshop facilitation.
- To be open, encouraging and excellent at quickly building rapport with young people. The ability to listen and respond to young people’s learning styles and abilities.
- Empathise with young peoples different needs and concerns.
- To be adaptable to working in different environments, with children from different backgrounds and learning abilities.
- Are engaging, fun and imaginative with delivering memorable services.
- Clear understanding of behaviour management strategies and the ability to execute successfully.
- To be flexible, reliable, punctual and able to work within a dynamic team.
- Full professionalism in all levels of work.
- Experience performing for young people.
- Actors who can demonstrate an engaging performance, strong stage presence and the ability to play children/teens.
- Full, clean driving license and your own vehicle (please state this on your application).
- Have a base within Bristol or Bath (Rehearsals & Training will take place in Bristol).
- Skills and experience working with young people with SEND.
- TIE experience.
- Experience working in a school and community environment.
- Experience delivering PSHE based subjects to young people.
- Experience working with vulnerable young people.
- Actors who are comfortable performing physical/movement work.
- Experience in dealing with child disclosures.
- DBS Check with Update service.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered for this role please email Programmes Manager, Sophie Scott including your CV and no more than a 200 word covering letter on why you feel you would be an ideal candidate.