Salary: GBP £21,500 increasing to £22,000 after a successful probation period (pro rata)
Application Deadline: June 21, 2019 12:00 pm
Company: Corn Exchange Newbury
Reports to: Head of Programming and Engagement
Salary: £21,500 increasing to £22,000 after a successful probation period (pro rata)
Terms: 20 – 40 hours per week depending on the candidate
Hours: To include regular evening and weekend working
- To ensure high quality creative learning sessions across all programmes of work but with particular emphasis on the Youth Theatre
- To ensure the Youth Theatre productions are of a high artistic quality
- To contribute to the development and delivery of a dynamic programme of drama projects across the breadth of the L and P department in a range of settings, including schools and the Learning Centre, based on the strategic priorities of the organisation.
- To mentor and develop the Education Officer and Early Years Officer, developing their practice, understanding of and ability to use drama as a tool for creative learning and their directing skills.
- To advocate for the work of the Corn Exchange, encouraging participation and attendance across all our programmes of work
Please find a Job Description and Application Pack on our website www.cornexchangenew.co.uk/about/vacancies
If you wish to apply for the position, please send a covering letter, no longer than two sides of A4, with a copy of your CV and return to Charlotte Hall either by post or via email (), no later than midday on Friday 21st June.
In addition, please complete an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form and return with your letter of application. Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Corn Exchange recognises the positive value of diversity, promotes equality and challenges discrimination and we welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from disabled candidates and those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds as they are currently under-represented within our staff team.
Candidates are short listed on the extent to which they meet the criteria in the person specification and job description. Please ensure you address these criteria and give evidence to demonstrate you have the skills, knowledge and experience required. First round interviews are likely to take place on Wednesday 25th June. Candidates who are progress to the second round will be required to run a Youth Theatre or schools workshop.