Salary: GBP NJC pay scale point 20 £25,295 pro rata / £13.11ph
Application Deadline: September 4, 2019 12:00 am
Company: Artspace Lifespace
We are looking for a dynamic individual with strong fundraising and application writing skills with a keen interest in and an understanding of Artspace Lifespace’s charity’s mission to provide Access, Space, Logistics and Support for a vibrant creative community in Bristol and beyond and of helping The Invisible Circus expand their programmes and activities.
Approx 70% of the Development Officers time is spent on funding applications for Artspace Lifespace. The remainder of the time is spent developing bids for The Invisible Circus, a circus collective that presents a wide variety of productions from intimate theatrical experiences to full-scale circus extravaganzas.
The role is funded by the Imagination Fund – Cultural Investment Programme until April 2020. Our current Development Officer helped us gain funding with Arts Council England, Big Lottery Awards for All, Heritage Lottery among others. We are applying for further funding for this role through The Cultural Investment Programme to help us continue our Inclusion Project which was funded through the last round of Imagination Funding. Artspace Lifespace will also be applying for funding through grants, crowdfunding and other sources to undertake a capital works project to refurbish and develop the Island from 2020.
- Support the Company Manager’s with other identified grant applications
- Support the Company Manager’s with fundraising strategy development
- Identify funding opportunities and cultivate relationships with donors and partners
- Develop funding applications, managing the full process
- Liaise with prospective partners and facilitate their participation
- Communicate and report the impact of projects to donors and colleagues
- Experience of identifying and cultivating funding opportunities
- Proven experience of successful grant writing
- Experience in writing compelling proposals, applications and reports
- A very high standard of written English
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience of successful capital works fundraising.
Days / Hours: 12 hours per week between Monday – Thursday. Hours can be worked flexibly on or across the week upon agreement with the Invisible Circus and Artspace Lifespace Company Managers.
Location: Bristol, across our offices at The Island, Arts Mansion or Unit 15.
Salary: NJC pay scale point 20 £25,295 pro rata / £13.11ph
Duration: Until April 2020 with a potential for the role to be extended for a further 2 years subject to obtaining funding.
ASLS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons from all sections of the community. We particularly welcome applications from disabled and black and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within our organisations.
How to apply: Application Form Downloadable from https://theislandbristol.com/contact/vacancies/
Kathryn Chiswell Jones