Salary: GBP £18,000 - £21,000
Application Deadline: November 25, 2019 9:00 am
Company: Pavilion Dance South West
- Implement the PDSW brand across our digital and printed material.
- Design, create and produce assets for PDSW projects
- Responsibility for the in-house ‘studio’ – under the line management of the Marketing & Communications Manager you’ll gather briefs from the PDSW team and manage the process through to delivery and evaluation.
- Implement and organise an image bank system
- Consider audience demographics and accessibility – are we creating the right communication in the right way?
- Build evaluation into each project so that we can track and build on success.
- Get to know the wider PDSW team and attend all staff events whenever possible, liaising with staff when needed and collaborating whenever the opportunity arises
- Keep on top of developing cultural trends and opportunities for the PDSW brand.
- Gather, curate and create content for the newly designed pdsw.org.uk which runs on WordPress
- Gather, curate and create content for PDSW social media channels
Website & e-marketing
- Liaise with external website agency, informing them of any updates and other requirements as part of ongoing Service Level Agreement with them
- Regularly update copy on the website using WordPress content management system
- Produce monthly website statistic and analytical reports
- Online publicity – links to other sites, competitions, etc.
- Manage and develop email lists, writing and sending out monthly e-newsletters as well as more targeted email marketing campaigns using Spektrix
- Identify key awareness opportunities both internally and externally
- Work with colleagues to create and implement web-based projects
- Create and disseminate audio/video show-reels/podcasts
- Develop and maintain all aspects of our social media applications
Promotion, Marketing and Audience Development
- Represent the organisation at events and activities in the community to reach out to and develop new audiences
- Support the Venue Manager in the marketing of Pavilion Dance spaces for external hires and events, e.g. parties.
- Produce promotional print under the guidance of the Marketing & Communications Manager by briefing external designers, liaising with printers and ordering print online; ensuring quality, accuracy and timeliness. This includes occasionally designing adverts and flyers in-house.
- Assisting with the marketing of new fundraising programmes.
Press and PR
- Support the Head of Marketing and Development in the day-to-day running of PDSW media relations by fielding media enquiries, maintaining up-to-date records of press contacts and organising press events
- Provide support for PDSW events (create and put up signage; photography; flyering)
- Work flexibly where required to support priorities
- Attend staff & other relevant meetings and participate in training and other forms of staff development
- Be available to work at evenings, weekends and bank holidays when necessary
- Be aware of, and actively implement the organisation’s policies with regard to, for example, Equal Opportunities, Child Protection and Diversity
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by your line manager
In addition to a commitment to our values: generous, inclusive, inspiring, passionate – you will be able to show evidence of the following against which we will assess your application:
- A passion for dance and the arts
- Vision, imagination and creativity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated and able to work flexibly as part of a small team managing multiple priorities
- Able to work within tight deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy at all times
- Able to work effectively in a busy office
- Shows initiative and has a proactive nature
- A real ‘can do’ attitude to fit in with a hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated team
Essential Experience and skills
- Communications, marketing or media qualification or background
- Experience of working with WordPress
- Strong background of working across a variety of social media channels
- Experience of writing engaging copy and campaigns
- Proven experience in proofreading and copy editing
- Graphic Design skills and experience with Photoshop
- IT literate, with experience of at least Microsoft Office
- Proven administration and organisational ability
Desirable Experience and skills
- Knowledge of Spektrix or similar box office or CMS system
- Experience of working within an arts or cultural environment
- Experience in the production and distribution of print