Salary: GBP £1500 PM
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018 8:00 am
DRAMA INSTRUCTOR – OPPORTUNITY
Shenzhen in China
We have an exciting opportunity to join us as a DRAMA INSTRUCTOR.
There are two positions available, that would suit either individuals or couples.
- Give Drama classes, lead various workshops/ create and direct productions for differing age groups of children and young people.
- Working hours: Up to 35 hours per week, maximum of 5 days a week. (Working hours are changeable and often involve weekends)
- Create and follow lesson plans
- Prepare teaching aids and/or props for each class where necessary.
- Liaise with Programme Director regarding plans and arrangements for the sessions (including teaching assistant/translator).
- Be prepared to substitute another teacher, if requested by Programme Director
- Admin as necessary pertaining to progress of students/course etc
- Short Evaluation report at the end of each project/camp/term
- Maintain excellent communication with teachers, parents and students
- Reporting to: Artistic Director
We are also interested in hearing from anyone who has experience in other specialist skills for example; corporate training / music /movement /voice work/ drama therapy
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years working with children and young people either as a teaching professional or as a theatre practitioner (actor/director/writer)
- Be passionate advocate for the performing arts and their ability to change lives
- Basic performing skills
- Fluent English
- Computer/ word processing Skills
- Be flexible to last minute changing dates and schedules.
- Enjoy working both independently and as part of a team
- Be open to / have an interest in Chinese culture
- Excellent communicator of ideas
- CRB check
- Return Airfare from GB provided
- Accommodation (apartment) provided
- Medical Insuance
- SALARY range from 1400 – 1800 per month (before Tax) depending on experience and length of contract. Contract length: 3 months minimum but a 1 year contract is preferred.Please send a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the post and a CV to Ros@pajari.co.uk.