Salary: GBP Paid
Application Deadline: January 6, 2019 4:00 pm
We have an opportunity for an exceptional drummer with a taste for physical performance and the ridiculous to join our outdoor touring production for 2019 and beyond.
The Band at the end of the world! Is an anarchic, raucous, musical clown show that takes place from a flaming and smoking mobile set. It’s part processional, part static, incorporating elements of spectacle and is supported by an original brass heavy, off kilter musical score played live by a cast of five musical clowns.
In 2019 we will be developing & continuing to tour the existing show, creating a new walkabout version (without the set) & creating a new night-time version with larger scale fire/pyro content.
The project is also sometimes presented with a participatory element – working with local performers/musicians to create epic versions of the project
See the existing show here
Or with participatory performers here
We are looking for a new ensemble member who can get stuck right in learning the existing show & collaboratively developing the other aspects of the project with us.
Ideally you will posses the following skills:
- High standard – Kit/mobile percussion player (including marching snare/Bass drum)
- Stylistically funky, strong & a driving force
- Playing with confidence & flare in different time signatures
- The ability to play solo & with other musicians.
- Confident physical performer with experience in clown & collaboratively devised ensemble theatre. Or the right musician who is hungry to work in this way.
- Ability to learn simple movement/dance choreography (whilst playing).
- Confident singer.
- Comfortable with performing around pyro/fire effects.
Ramshacklicious specialise in using traditional theatre forms to create high quality, contemporary theatrical experiences for the outdoors.
We aim to create work that is accessible and yet subversive, presenting performances that are surprisingly complex and skilled in integrating live music, physical theatre, clown, puppetry, pyrotechnics and innovative design. Creating shows that take our unsuspecting audiences on anarchic journeys into the unexpected!
- We are ideally looking for a southwest based performer.
- There will be 4 weeks of rehearsals/development, taking place in Bristol & Eastleigh over April/May (dates tbc).
- You will need to find your own accommodation whilst working in Bristol, but accommodation will be provided in Eastleigh.
- You need to be available for touring from May – October.
- We anticipate there being around 20 performance dates
A workshop audition will be held in Bristol on 12thJanuary 2019.
If you are interested then please send:
- Your C.V
- A covering letter detailing your suitability
To find out more about Ramshacklicious then visit: www.ramshacklicious.com