Salary: GBP £8.90 per hour
Application Deadline: July 10, 2018 12:00 pm
Company: St George's Bristol
The Duty Event Manager is responsible for the full front of house operation of St George’s Bristol for cultural events which can range from concerts, talks, film festivals, education workshops, recordings and music festivals.
This includes coordinating box office and bar operations, paid event staff and a team of volunteer stewards. Their primary aim is to look after performers and the public, ensuring the effective, efficient and safe delivery of our services.
This is a casual position and typical shifts are evenings and weekends, with some weekday availability necessary. As this is a seasonal role the majority of shifts are between September and June.
- Meet and greet artists and hirers, prepare refreshments and catering riders.
- Look after artists, hirers and other visitors to the venue and ensure absolute satisfaction with the St George’s Bristol experience.
- Prepare building for performance and audience: set up of stage lighting, check dressing rooms and ensure the building and grounds look tidy and clear of health and safety hazards.
- Ensure all Event staff and volunteers are well briefed, debriefed post-event and operate to the highest possible standards of customer care
- Oversee programme and merchandise sales. Responsible for the float, receipts and secure storage of money.
- Liaise with Events Manager regarding external companies, artists and other visitors to the venue, ensuring the timely, effective and safe delivery of their services.
- Report back to the Events department following each event via the event management form.
- Responsible for the general security of the building when on duty, including securing the building after concerts at the end of the evening.
- Be fully conversant with the conditions attached to the venue’s operating licenses, and with current legislation, ensuring that these are strictly adhered to at all times.
For the Full Version of the Job Description, please visit our website here: https://www.stgeorgesbristol.co.uk/venue-info/recruitment/ .
To apply, please download, complete, and return our Application Form, alongside the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form which is on the same page.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday 10th July @ 12pm, where we will then be shortlisting for interviews.
Interviews will take place during the 16th– 18th July.
Training sessions will take place on the week commencing the 20th August
Pay £8.90 per hour
Reporting To: Cultural Events Manager
Responsible for: House Manager and Front of House Manager