Salary: GBP Hourly rate of £9.00
Application Deadline: August 28, 2018 10:00 am
Company: Tobacco Factory Theatres
Duty Front of House Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Tobacco Factory Theatres is looking for several new Duty Front of House Managers at an incredibly exciting moment for the theatre. In October we prepare to open a second theatre space and continue to further expand our programme of engagement, participation and development opportunities for young people, artists and audiences.
We require flexible, reliable, proactive and friendly members of staff who can work evenings and weekends, managing the Front of House operations during shows.
This position is to start in Sep 2018. Tobacco Factory Theatres is open over Christmas, so we are looking for people that can commit over the busy Christmas schedule.
- Manage the Front of House team during performances, with responsibility as the most senior member of staff during evening performances.
- Represent the theatre in a helpful and friendly manner; ensuring the highest standard of customer care while maintaining the unique, approachable and accessible persona that Tobacco Factory Theatres is known for.
- Work alongside the Box Office and Technical departments to ensure the smooth running of the theatre during public performances.
- Most responsible staff member for dealing with emergencies while on duty. This includes first aid, evacuations etc.
- Work with other FOH staff and volunteers to upsell merchandise and programmes.
- Cash up and reconciliation of nightly takings.
- Key-holding responsibilities, including locking up the building at the end of the night.
- Other related tasks asked of you by the Operations Manager.
- Positively and proactively respond to customer needs and enquiries, including resolving difficult situations and involving the Operations Manager in complaints where appropriate.
- Run the FOH operations during off-site productions in venues around Bristol.
- Must have excellent customer service experience at a managerial level.
- Key-holding responsibilities.
- Experience of managing a team of staff.
- Cash handling and banking experience.
- Good bar experience.
- Previous work in a theatre.
- Experience with the Box Office system Spektrix.
- An up to date First Aid certificate.
- An up to date Fire Marshall Certificate.
- An up to date Health and Hygiene certificate.
- Experience of stock takes, stock control and beer line cleaning.
- Efficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel programmes.
Working hours: Mainly weekday and weekend evening shifts.
Duty Front Of House Manager Hourly Rate: £9.00
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Duty Front of House Manager
Working hours: Mainly weekday/weekend evening shifts.
Salary: Duty FOH Manager hourly rate: £9.00
Contract: Zero Hour
Holiday: Accrued based on the number of shifts worked.
Employer: Tobacco Factory Arts Trust
Location of post: Tobacco Factory Theatres, Raleigh Road, Bristol, BS3 1TF
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Trial period: Three months
Notice period: One month
Applications by: 10am Tue 28 August 2018. We regret that applications received after this time cannot be considered.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Application method: CV and covering letter (maximum 2 sides of A4 each) detailing suitability for the position to email@example.com
In the subject bar please write ‘Duty Front of House Manager’
The above information can be found and downloaded on our website: https://www.tobaccofactorytheatres.com/news/
Morgan Matthews/Rusti Fells