Salary: GBP £25,000 - £28,000 per annum
Application Deadline: February 10, 2020 10:00 am
Role: Engagement Producer
Responsible to: Head of Programme
Responsible for: Assistant Engagement Producer, Studio Assistant
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum
Hours: FULL TIME 1.0 FTE (40 hrs per week over 5 days)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To develop and deliver a series of audience development, community and education projects and activities that support and inform Arnolfini’s cultural programme.
- Lead on delivery of dedicated engagement projects with a focus on collaborating with local artists, peer organisations and youth empowerment
- Formulate engagement plans and project management strategies across:
- Audience development strategies for Arnolfini exhibitions and events
- Development and support for community-led projects
- Education and schools projects
- Develop and maintain relationships with community organisations, schools, local grassroots initiatives, and relevant national/international networks.
- Lead on community engagement, audience development, and CYP activity within exhibitions and expanded programming
- Identify, lead and support application proposals for potential funding streams for projects and activities
- Contribute concepts and ideas for Programme consideration
- Support the delivery of exhibitions, projects and associated cultural programme activity. curatorial duties for exhibitions or expanded programming
- Support the safeguarding officer for the organisation
- Contributing to effective financial management of programme budgets
- Line management of Assistant Engagement Producer and Studio Assistant
Finance and performance
- Oversee the effective financial management of restricted programme budgets and maintaining regular communication with the finance team and Executive on financial performance including, project cash flows and programme expenditure.
Communications and Evaluation
- Work closely with the Communications Team to ensure that audience development objectives for the programme are met; and that suitable planning processes are in place to ensure that information can be gathered and shared for effective marketing and communications.
- Ensure that Arnolfini’s reporting commitments to funders and stakeholders are met through the collation and documentation of data.
Role Specific Competencies:
- Excellent knowledge of contemporary arts practice across a range of art forms related to Arnolfini’s historic and future cultural production needs.
- Strong sector relationships locally, nationally and internationally.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to build positive working relationships.
- Excellent and accurate standard of written and verbal communication.
- Is able to effectively transfer key and complex information to all levels of staff, adapting the style of communication as necessary and ensuring that this information is understood.
- Ability to manage change, and respond and adapt to changing circumstances, to manage and solve problems and provide solutions.
- Remains resilient, able to prioritise, when faced with adverse situations and conflicting demands.
- Ability to develop a customer service culture to meet internal and external customer/client needs.
- Builds rapport and sustainable relationships with partners, seeking pro-actively to understand their needs and satisfaction levels.
- Gives advice which leads to valuable outcomes.
Planning and Organisation
- Is able to organise own time effectively, responds to changing priorities, and meet deadlines as required.
- Making long term plans which encompass the vision, aims and strategic objectives of Arnolfini
- Works co-operatively and flexibly with colleagues, co-workers and promoters.
- Communicates expectations for team work and collaboration.
- Seeks ideas and input of own and others teams to make best use of team expertise and improve performance.
- Experience of managing staff members
- Experience of submitting and securing grant funding
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The salary is offered at £25,000 – £28,000 per annum. Standard Arnolfini terms and conditions will apply. This is a full time post of 40 hours a week. Occasional evenings and weekend work will be required. Annual leave entitlement will be 32 days per annum, inclusive of statutory bank holidays.
Pension: Arnolfini operates a pension scheme which employees are entitled to join having completed 3-months employment. Arnolfini currently contributes 4% of salary.
You will need to provide evidence that you have the necessary permission to work in the UK.
0117 917 2300