Salary: GBP £4,000
Application Deadline: May 27, 2019 9:00 am
Company: Afrika Eye
Afrika Eye is a Bristol-based annual African film and arts festival. Now in its 15th year, it has become one of the most important platforms for African cinema and related arts events in the South West. With a wider programme of film in the south west region, we aim to raise the profile of film and arts from Africa and the diaspora. Last year we extended our reach with a pilot festival with Lancaster Arts and an exchange residency for young filmmakers between Afrika Eye in Bristol and Image et Vie in Dakar, Senegal. As a small festival with a big reach we rely on project funding from South West Film Hub (BFI) and from ACE (Arts Council England) and small trusts and foundations.
We are currently seeking a Producer to from June to November and work closely with the Festival Director to plan and deliver this year’s festival, liaising with venues, filmmakers, artists, marketing manager, publicist and partners, towards the event from 4th – 10th November. We hope to attract applicants with a passion and interest to work with the organisation in securing financial support for making this role a more permanent, long term post.
Duties and responsibilities to include but not exclusive:
- Working together with the Festival Director, venue operational teams, partners, artists and others to realise the festival
- Booking and licensing of films with specifics of formats
- Contracting artists and booking venues
- Contacting and booking industry professionals and other relevant speakers to take part in post screening discussions
- Liaise closely with the curatorial group for final confirmation on films and events
- Recruiting and co-ordinating the volunteer programme for the festival
- Liaising with publicity and marketing, ensuring AE meets milestones (updates & changes)
- Playing a key role in the overall festival presentation
- Contribute to festival evaluations for all funders
- Attending and contributing to meetings with the rest of the Afrika Eye team
Talents, Qualities and Attributes:
We are looking for a self-motivated person who is excited at the prospect of working on a unique festival and one that is a key part of the cultural landscape of Bristol and South West. The Producer will be engaged with all aspects of the festival with a commitment to developing audiences for Afrika Eye 2019 and playing a crucial role in the success of the festival.
The role requires:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within budget
- A strong interest in film, African visual culture and performance
- Some experience of production and administration of a cross-arts festival event
- Knowledge of booking, licensing of films and co-ordinating speakers for an event
- A flexible and committed working practice
- A pro-active, collaborative and motivated approach working as part of a small team
To apply or find out more:
Email Annie email@example.com. with your CV and a short covering letter saying why you would like to take on this role, what experience you can bring and what you hope to gain from it. Please also complete and return the Equal Opportunities Monitoring form at this link.
Afrika Eye encourages applications from people of all backgrounds but particularly applications from BAME backgrounds, who are underrepresented in our team.
Afrika Eye is committed to equal opportunities and the elimination of unfair discrimination on the grounds of gender, race, disability, ethnic origin, religion, age, marital status and sexual orientation.
This monitoring form is voluntary but the information we collect here helps us ensure we are an inclusive employer. The information you supply will be kept confidentially. The monitoring form will be separated from your application form receipt and plays no part in the recruitment process.