Salary: GBP £60-75 per day, (depending on experience)
Application Deadline: August 12, 2019 12:00 pm
Company: PQA Weston-super-Mare
PQA, the new generation of weekend performing arts academies set up by actress, Pauline Quirke, are currently recruiting a dynamic Film & TV Teacher in Weston-super-Mare.
We’re looking for a local filmmaker to teach our students all aspects of filmmaking; everything from pre-production through to filming.
You will be inspiring the hearts and minds of our students, aged 6-18 years, so you need to be passionate about filmaking and have an interest in arts education.
You will be working alongside our students to create exciting material that will be shared on PQA’s own TV channel, PQATV. Then, ultimately working towards creating a portfolio of short films ready to be screened in the local cinema in Weston-super-Mare, as well as entering the short films into regional and national film festivals.
We are looking for someone who is organised, creative, hard-working, a team-player, full of energy, has clear communication skills and has the ability to use their own initiative.
The ideal candidate will have:
– At least one year of experience working professionally within the film and/or TV industry
– Experience of working with young people, although training will be provided for the right candidate
– A degree or equivalent; other relevant experience will be considered
– Technical ability; the candidate will need to be capable with DSLR cameras and sound recording equipment
– Experience in editing short films
– Live within commutable distance to Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset
The candidate must have a willingness to complete relevant training and a current DBS check will be required.
The chosen candidate will be required to work Saturdays (9:30am – 1pm) during term time. Candidates must be 18+
Please apply by sending your CV, cover letter and a link to a short film project that you have been involved in.
Job Type: Part-time / contracted
Salary: £60.00 to £75.00 /day