Salary: GBP £125 per day
Application Deadline: January 15, 2019 5:00 pm
Company: DragonBird Theatre
Freelance Fundraiser/Business Development Manager
Company: DragonBird Theatre
Job title: Fundraiser/Business Development Manager
Fee: £125 per day (Freelance wage)
Period of Employment: 1 day p/w over 3 months, in the first instance. There may be the opportunity to extend the engagement depending on success. Dates will be negotiated with successful candidate.
About DragonBird Theatre
DragonBird Theatre deliver theatre and play to Early Years and their grown ups all over Bristol and the surrounding area. It is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company which has grown from strength to strength since its founding in 2013.
DragonBird Theatre has been producing high quality Early Years theatre for children and their families for over 4 years. The company produces theatrical interactive shows which visit local community venues, regional theatres, schools, children centres, a hospice and events.
We provide over 10,000 participatory experiences per year for children and their families/carers.
Our programme also includes Inset/CPD for Early Years Practitioners and workshops for Drama students looking to create theatre for a young audience.
DragonBird Theatre is based in Bristol, running sessions in the surrounding area. Our work has a strong focus in engaging local communities as well as reaching young families across Bristol.
Tilly Langdon and Lotte Nørgaard began the company with this vision:
- Confident, creative and happy relationships between parents/carers and their children.
- Communities inspired and enthused by theatre.
- Communities that play together.
- A new generation of young people who are confident, creative, communicative and happy, transferring these qualities to generations to come.
To get a further flavour of our work please visit our website www.dragonbirdtheatre.co.uk
We are seeking additional fundraising capacity to allow us to grow our programme and sustain us as a company.
- Securing funding for core costs of DragonBird Theatre for the next two years.
- Secure funding for further projects.
- Exploring corporate donations as an alternative stream of income.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the DragonBird Business Plan
We envisage that money raised will be a mixture of key funders, trusts and foundations and corporate donations.
We are looking for someone with:
- Interest and understanding of theatre for Early Years audiences and participation work with families.
- A minimum of two years relevant fundraising experience.
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to self-manage and motivate
- A demonstrable track record in successfully raising funds from key funders, trusts and foundations and a comprehensive knowledge of the funding in the arts sector, including key funders and their priorities.
- Experience of gaining corporate donations and understanding of Corporate Social Responsibility.
Location Preferably live in or around Bristol.
The fundraiser can work flexibly from home but we also require that some time will be spent in briefings and meetings with the Directors. We are keen that the fundraiser is able to get to know our company and our work so we will be also asking them to drop in to sessions where appropriate.
Application deadline: 5pm Tuesday 15th January 2019
Shortlist contacted: Friday 18th January 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 23rd January 2019 (Central Bristol Location TBC)
Expected start date: 28th January 2019 (to be negotiated)
To apply for this opportunity please send your CV and one page about why you want to apply, your appropriate skills and past experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you. Tilly & Lotte