Salary: GBP Monthly fee: £1750
Application Deadline: May 13, 2019 10:00 am
Company: Tobacco Factory Theatres
To cover Maternity Leave we’re looking for a dynamic self-starter to add capacity to our busy Marketing team. You’ll be working closely with the Head of Marketing and the Marketing Officer on a wide range of marketing and communications which support our year-round programme of theatre and Get Involved activity.
This new role will be responsible for delivering campaigns that achieve agreed attendance and financial targets, with a focus on creating content that tells our story and the impact of our work to drive awareness, engagement and income.
We’re looking for someone who’s currently available for a period of four to five months. We can offer a monthly fee £1750 and the chance to be part of a close-knit team in a dynamic organisation.
The person we are looking for will have these skills & experience:
- At least 2 years in a marketing role in an arts organisation or a strong freelance career
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in digital marketing communications and creating digital content
- Organised with the ability to remain calm and positive under pressure
- An interest in and genuine enthusiasm for theatre
- A creative thinker
- A skilled copy writer
- Proactive and confident, a self-starter.
- Committed to working towards achieving a common goal as part of a team
- Strong IT skills including experience of using Photoshop and InDesign
It would be a real bonus if you also have:
- Experience of planning and managing marketing campaigns for Visiting Companies/in-house productions at a receiving house/producing theatre venue
- Press experience
- Knowledge of the Bristol theatre scene
- Experience of Spektrix Box Office system
- Experience of updating website content and using content management systems e.g. WordPress
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Adwords and improving SEO
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
Show Campaign Marketing
- Own, develop and implement campaign plans for visiting companies and in-house productions or co-productions, including the effective use of Spektrix for data analysis and target-list creation, and the use of digital channels to reach and engage new ticket bookers and participants
- Act as the main point of contact for visiting companies
- Prepare, monitor and report on campaign plans for each production, both internally and with each visiting company
- Fulfill the objectives of the theatre’s digital strategy, lead the creation of digital materials for use across our digital channels to increase our reach, engagement levels and traffic to our website
- Proactively use analytics to monitor performance and impact of our content, responding accordingly to improve results
- Contribute to the scheduling and monitoring of social channels, replying to online reviews and customer messages as required.
Content Creation, Scheduling and Distribution
- Proactively seek opportunities to tell our story and the impact of our work across our communication channels
- Lead the creation and commissioning of accurate written, graphic, photographic and video content in keeping with our brand guidelines for use across our communications channels or for media outlets
- Working with designers and printers, create promotional print (flyers and posters) for in-house productions and the occasional visiting company production and arrange for appropriate city-wide distribution
- Maintain, update and improve content on our website
- Plan, build, proof and send email campaigns including monthly e-newsletters
- Develop our reach by building relationships with media outlets and bloggers
- Contribute to the planning and creation of social media posts and the social media schedule that covers all of the company’s activity.