Salary: GBP £1000
Application Deadline: February 17, 2020 5:00 pm
Company: Creative Youth Network
We are looking for a freelance photographer to help us capture young people’s stories in our youth clubs across Bristol and South Gloucestershire.
We particularly welcome applications from photographers who are at the beginning of their career and are looking to diversify their portfolio.
About the project
Through photography, Creative Youth Network seeks to show the impact our services have on young people’s lives. This project will mainly consist of portrait photography. We are looking for a committed, reliable and flexible freelancer. With our support, you’ll need to:
- Understand our vision and our brand
- Commit to delivering high quality content
- Be flexible in the shooting schedule, taking into account our youth sessions happen in the evenings and normally during the week
- Be able to work across multiple sites (we work across Bristol and South Gloucestershire)
- Be committed to capture the diversity of young people and activities we work with
- Provide a fresh perspective, questioning and bringing constructive criticism to the project. Be our critical friend.
- Be able to work with young people who might not be used to have the spotlight on themselves, who will most likely not have had their portrait taken before. You will need to contribute to empowering young people to feel confident in front of the camera. You will be supported in this process by experienced youth workers who have trusting relationships with young people.
- Deadline to apply 17th February 2020, 5pm
- Shooting between 2nd March – 27th March 2020
- Deadline for delivery: 6th April 2020
The project fee is £1000* (including VAT).
*We know there are very few paths for to gain experience in the creative industries while being paid appropriately for their time. We are looking to work with a photographer who will benefit from taking on this project, growing their portfolio.
We particularly welcome proposals from those who are not currently widely represented in the industries in the region (those who identify as someone with a disadvantaged socio-economic background). In your cover letter, please include your hourly rate and how much time you would be able to invest in this project.
We expect between 30-40 photos to be delivered by the end of the project, to be used in marketing collateral (such as our annual impact report) and in social media content. We expect in order to produce these, you’ll attend between 5-10 youth sessions and events. A further more detailed brief will be given after an initial meeting, with specified platforms and other requirements.
How to apply
Please send us your portfolio and a covering letter of no more than 500 words on why you would like to work on this project, how it will benefit your career and how you think your previous experience matches our criteria. Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Freelance Photographer” and your full name.
The post is subjected to an Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
0117 947 7948