Salary: GBP £150 per day
Application Deadline: June 7, 2019 5:00 pm
Company: Tom Marshman
We are looking for an experienced and confident theatre technician to work on Tom Marshman’s show – A Haunted Existence, to support the UK Tour.
A Haunted Existence is a one man show performed by Tom Marshman about what life in the West-country for gay people before the Sexual Offences Act was passed by Parliament in 1967, blending fact with fiction. It premiered at the Island in Bristol, last September, where it was well received.
The successful candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of theatre sound, lighting, Q-Lab and experience of working with projection (Desirable), with the ability to set up and operate shows independently, a full clean UK driving license and use of a vehicle (all petrol will be paid for by the artist). Tom is based in Bristol. Props and set for the show fit into two large suitcases.
You will need to be available for all of the following dates:
- Rehearsal day (TBC)
- Peterborough, Key Theatre, 4thJuly
- Folkstone, Performance Space, 20thJuly
- Margate, Tom Thumb Theatre, 9thAugust
- Strike a Light Festival (Stroud), 13thSeptember
- Drill Hall, Chepstow, 19thSeptember
- The Marlborough, Brighton, 26/27thSeptember
- London, Camden People’s Theatre, 2/3/4thOctober
- Isle of Portland, Royal Manor Theatre, 19thOctober
- London, BAC, 7/8/9thNovember
- Colchester Arts Centre, 13thNovember
- Corsham, The Pound, 23rdNovember
- Newcastle, Alphabetti, 26/27/28/29/30th November
We are still confirming dates, so a flexible approach is needed. The majority will be in September – November.
● Rigging, setting up and programming lights / Setting up Projector.
● Setting up and programming sound
● Providing technical operation and assistance for performance.
● Ensuring that you work in a safe manner all equipment is set up safely
● Ensuring safekeeping of all in house technical or hired technical equipment
● Ability to keep calm under pressure and troubleshoot technical issues
● Commitment to all dates
- £150 per show
- Accommodation provided
- £50 per travel day
If you are available for these dates please send CV and a short statement of interest to – Jo Kimber at
For more information about Tom Marshman’s work go to: www.tommarshman.com
Closing date Friday 7thJune.