Salary: GBP circa £30,000 per annum
Application Deadline: March 25, 2019 10:00 am
Company: Bristol Old Vic& Theatre Royal Trust Ltd
We are recruiting our next General Manager to join our newly refurbished theatre and to oversee the running of the operations under the direction of the Commercial Director – the position is to commence April/May 2019. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the operations of this prestigious theatre in the heart of Bristol city centre. Managing, motivating and developing the team is a crucial part of this role, ensuring clarity of direction and delivery of business priorities.
Some key responsibilities include:-
- To always lead by example and empower all frontline and public facing teams to give an unrivalled customer experience for all visitors, by delivering world class customer service.
- To line manage the Front of House Manager, Box Office Manager, Maintenance Supervisor and ICT Manager.
- To ensure all fire safety, security and counter terrorism, building checks, risk assessments and first aid procedures are in place at all times and in accordance with the license.
- You will exercise effective financial control and reporting on the venue including monthly financial reconciliations, settlements, and the timely processing of purchase orders, deliveries and invoices.
- To lead on building a positive and dynamic relationships between Bristol Old Vic, artists, visiting companies, catering partner and any external clients.
- Ensure high standards of building repair and planned maintenance of the theatre to agreed budgets.
For more information and to apply please visit our website: www.bristololdvic.org.uk/jobs
Application forms only please – no CVs will be accepted.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Bristol Old Vic values representation and strives to promote equality and diversity at all levels. We welcome and encourage applications from those currently underrepresented in our workforce and in the arts community: particularly people from different ethnic backgrounds and disabled people. We are committed to managing a fair and equitable recruitment process.
0117 949 3993