Salary: GBP £33 per after school session £11 bonus if more than 20 children (you have an assistant with you)
Application Deadline: December 20, 2017 5:00 pm
Company: GO SKETCH
GO SKETCH are looking for innovative, inspiring and creative self employed art teachers to teach fine art and / or sculpture workshops for children aged 5-15 across Bristol. We are passionate about providing unique and exciting workshops in order to motivate and excite the children we work with. We are looking for people who have experience of teaching children and leading a class.
Applicants must have:
- have a teaching qualification or similar
- have a strong interest in the arts
- use creative and interactive activities to engage the children
- have excellent behaviour management skills (though positive reinforcement)
- are registered as self-employed and are therefore responsible for paying their own tax and national insurance
- have public liability insurance
- have a recent DBS police check (we can sort this if needed)
- access to a car essential
We are looking for people to deliver workshops after school – 3:30ish-4:45ish – as part of a 5 week course per term. Plans and resources will be provided. Some examples of courses we have run include:
- Fabulous Faces
- Into the Forest
- Surreal Art
- Abstract Art
- Graphic Novels
There are also opportunities to teach a workshop as part of a birthday party at a weekend.
This position is freelance as the work is offered on a term by term basis and is not regular. Therefore the applicant must be registered as self-employed and responsible for their own tax and national insurance. They must also have their own public liability insurance and preferably a recent DBS check through update service (although we can organise this). Would suit someone who does some self employed work already as a tutor or artist.
If you are selected, you will then be contacted for a telephone interview and if successful a meeting will be arranged. You will then be asked to teach a session as part of the interview process.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
If you are interested in working with us, please send a CV and a covering letter explaining why you feel you are right for the role to
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please only apply if:
– you have access to a car
– you are registered as self employed
-you have a teaching qualification or similar