Salary: GBP From NJC3 £18,065 (£9.36) to NJC5 £ £18,795 (£9.72ph) pro-rata depending on experience.
Application Deadline: October 6, 2019 11:59 pm
Company: Artspace Lifespace
Hours: 16 hours per week
Salary: From NJC3 £18,065 (£9.36) to NJC5 £ £18,795 (£9.72ph) pro-rata depending on experience.
Place of Work: The Island, Old Bridewell Police Station Bristol BS1 2LE and across other projects as required.
Reporting to: Company Manager and Island Centre Manager.
Deadline: 6th October. Shortlisted applications will be contacted on 7th October. Interviews will be held on Thursday 10th October.
Start Date: ASAP
The Marketing Coordinator will work as part of ASLS’s team to enhance and develop the public profile, awareness and understanding of the different venues we operate. The role of Marketing Co-ordinator is a fantastic opportunity to communicate the excitement of shows, artwork, classes and events curated, organised and hosted across the Artspace Lifespace projects. The position would suit someone who is interested in the arts & events marketing and keen to gain hands-on experience within a small but ambitious charity.
We are looking for an artistic, creative individual to work with the Project Managers and Inclusion Officer, conceiving innovative ways to reach and develop audiences. A creative individual who can manage social media channels, update website listings and create e-newsletters. You will be confident at liaising with a variety of people via email, phone or in person and have the ability to be self-managing as well as work within a small team.
You will need to have an excellent understanding of writing engaging copy for social media and using eye-catching imagery. The successful candidate will need to be an excellent communicator and use own initiative to drive the marketing strategy of our small charity forward. You may also be required to attend events in the evenings or at weekends as required so flexibility in approach is important.
- Scheduling social media posts
- Collating info from project managers and sending monthly newsletter via mailchimp
- Working closely with the bookings manager on marketing strategy for the Island generally and for special events such as Doors Open Day / Open Studios
- Attending events and art shows and writing reviews.
- Creating PR material and responding to media enquiries
- Working closely with our website developer in supporting the delivery of our new website and manage website content.
- Assisting the Company Manager in the preparation of an annual budget for marketing activity.
- Preparing quarterly reports and analytics on the organisations activities.
- To undertake the day-to-day supervision of the marketing intern within the department.
Qualities / Skills required:
- An enthusiasm for the work of Artspace Lifespace and contemporary culture
- The ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as working within and contributing to a team,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with colleagues and with audiences, donors and participants,
- The ability to prioritise workload, be flexible and reliably complete tasks to tight deadlines
- Good copy writing skills and ability to adapt tone for posts across social media channels
- WordPress content management experience
- A working knowledge of digital tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Instagram, and an awareness of their strengths / weaknesses
- Artistic flair and an eye for design, film and photography
- Meticulous attention to detail