Salary: GBP £10/hr, 3 hrs/week
Application Deadline: February 21, 2020 8:00 am
Company: Closer Each Day Company
Closer Each Day Company are looking for a marketing officer to update and maintain our marketing strategies, bringing more people into our shows and spreading the word when we have news.
Closer Each Day Company are the creators of Closer Each Day: The Improvised Soap Opera. Running bi-weekly at the Wardrobe theatre since 2011, Closer Each Day is the only serialised theatre show in Europe and the longest-running continuously improvised narrative in the world. We are mentored by Patti Stiles and our improvisation is rooted in a grounded, emotional approach heavily influenced by Keith Johnstone. We perform on alternate Mondays and workshop on the Monday evenings in between.
Your duties would include:
- Maintaining the company’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Developing and actioning strategies for marketing including but not limited to improving the company’s use of social media, listing websites, and marketing swaps with other companies
- Creating press releases where appropriate and distributing them through the company’s media contacts
- Work with the Wardrobe Theatre to promote the company in a unified manner
- Work with the designer to develop a strong visual brand for the company
- Work on the company’s mailing list where appropriate
- Attend company meetings when possible, if not able to then to accept decisions will be made by those present
- Read communications sent by the company and respond when on company time
- Make arrangements for essential work to be covered when on leave
The role is for 3 hours a week, with potential for more dependant on funding. This can be worked flexibly to your schedule so long as the company social media is scheduled through to your next working day.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Marketing Officer Application’, attaching your CV and a brief outline of why you are applying to the role, including how your experience will suit our requirements.