Salary: GBP £500
Application Deadline: February 16, 2018 5:00 pm
Following a sell-out run in 2017, Kilter Theatre’s Invincible is returning to Bristol in March 2018! Produced in collaboration with the University of Bristol’s Synthetic Biology research group and play-writing fellow David Lane, this immersive drama puts the audience at the heart of a contemporary moral dilemma, encouraging them to develop an understanding of their individual and collective agency in shaping the future direction of science. Performances take place with small audiences at ‘point-blank range’, in a real residential flat in Clifton, Bristol.
We are looking for a reliable, unflappable and generally brilliant Production Assistant, to work alongside the Production Manager, Directors and cast to help with the running of the show. This role would suit a student or recent graduate looking for hands-on experience of a site-specific theatre show.
Dates of work: Wednesday 7 March – Sunday 18 March inclusive (Tuesday 13 & Wednesday 14 March off)
Schedule: 2 performances per day (total of 14 performances) + get-in / tech / dress rehearsals
Fee: £500 (freelance)
Duties will include:
- Front of house duties – meeting & greeting audience members, managing the cloakroom and guest list, pre-show announcements
- Ushering / leading the audience around the space before, during and after the performance
- Pre-setting / re-setting performance areas
- Looking after our lovely cast
- Assisting the Production Manager and Directors with other general duties
We are looking for someone with the following skills and qualities:
- Reliable and punctual
- Calm and unflappable
- Excellent verbal communication skills and confident speaking in front of a small audience
- Flexibility and the willingness to just get stuck in
- Lots of energy!
Please note this is a freelance role therefore applicants must be registered, or willing to register, as self-employed.
Deadline: 5pm on Friday 16 February 2018
For further information about Kilter and Invincible, visit www.kiltertheatre.org.