Salary: GBP £150 per week
Application Deadline: July 23, 2019 12:00 pm
Company: Tom Marshman
Tom is a Bristol based Artist, Performer, Writer and Workshop Facilitator, who is this year celebrating 21 years of working in the Arts. Tom’s shows are known for their ‘hand crafted, intimate and naughty’ approach, often both ‘humorous, high-brow, low-brow, sensory, stomach churning, conversational, and sentimental’ all at once. His last two shows, Kings Cross (REMIX) and A Haunted Existence, explored recent LGBTQ+ history, working with archives, historians and oral histories.
This is a busy year for Tom, not only is he is going on tour with, A Haunted Existence but he is also in the process of developing a new show and working on various other exciting projects in Bristol and across the UK.
You will have a strong eye for detail and the confidence to co-ordinate the arrangements and logistics for whatever Tom may need, from website updates to booking accommodation for tours. The role requires you to own your own laptop and be able to work from a Bristol city centre location on a semi-regular basis. You will also be able to complete some of the work remotely.
We are looking for someone who can pick things up quickly but also someone who is keen to learn and grow and not afraid to ask questions. This is an opportunity to expand on the skills you already have and gain experience as a freelancer working with an established, successful Artist.
- Efficient and cost-effective coordination of bookings for accommodation, travel, rehearsal space etc
- Finances including invoicing/ payments/ overseeing and managing project budgets
- Managing diary bookings and enquiries for Tom’s availability, and updating his diary accordingly
- Travel itineraries
- Tour support including bookings of venues, venue contracts, liaising with venues specifically with marketing and tech teams
- Creative agreements/ contracts
- Any other admin tasks
- Keeping websites up to date with current projects, tour dates and call outs
- Attending meetings with me as and when necessary
- Self-organised and a quick learner
- Administrative skills
- A strong eye for detail and a patient, methodical approach
- The ability to work independently and occasionally, remotely
- A flexible approach
- Understanding of working with creative people
- Understanding of working with people with dyslexia and dyspraxia
Fee: £150 per week. You will be responsible for your own National Insurance and Tax. Fee’s paid by monthly invoice.
Hours & Days
We are looking for someone to work 1.5 days a week. These days are not set and can be decided upon appointment.
Deadline for applications and interview dates
Deadline: 23rd July
Interviews will take place on: 30th July
Please advise us in advance if you have any specific access requirements.
We are ideally looking for someone who can start Early August