Salary: GBP Current Payment rates are dependant on funding with a minimum of profit share
Application Deadline: September 29, 2019 11:59 pm
Company: Closer Each Day Company
We are seeking a Show Editor for our shows Closer Each Day: The Improvised Soap Opera and Steamed: An Improvised Dickensian Tale.
This is a unique opportunity – the role is a mixture of host, director, technician, facilitator, storyteller and improviser. The editor cuts and calls scenes, fronts and steers the show and challenges the cast.
Ideally you will have:
– significant experience in improvisation
– a real instinct for storytelling
– directing experience in theatre and / or directing or editing experience in film
– a love of soap and TV drama
– availability every Monday evening 6-9pm
– Full training in this challenging and unique role
– World-class training alongside the cast in improvisation
– Opportunities in our other shows and productions
Closer Each Day Company are the creators of Closer Each Day: The Improvised Soap Opera. Running bi-weekly at the Wardrobe theatre since 2011, Closer Each Day is the only serialised theatre show in Europe and the longest-running continuously improvised narrative in the world. We are mentored by Patti Stiles and our improvisation is rooted in a grounded, emotional approach heavily influenced by Keith Johnstone. We perform on alternate Mondays and workshop on the Monday evenings in between.
Current Payment rates are dependant on funding with a minimum of profit share
Applications are open to ALL. BAME applicants and those from other under-represented groups are particularly encouraged.
Please send your CV to [email protected] accompanied by a cover letter answering the following questions:
- What interested you about this role?
- What excites you about Closer Each Day?
- How is your experience relevant to this role?
- How do you see your influence as editor impacting on the show?
The deadline for applications is Midnight on 29th September 2019. Initial interviews are expected to be early October, with at least one stage of further callbacks.
You can find out more about us from our website closereachday.co.uk. or come to see us at the Wardrobe Theatre, every other Monday 7.30pm.