Salary: GBP DOE
Application Deadline: June 1, 2018 8:00 am
Company: SWX Bristol - Music Venues Limited
Technical Manager – Job Description
Reports to: General Manager
Office Hours: Varies as per events diary, includes days in office
Contract: Full Time Permanent.
- To be accomplished in sound engineering or both lights and sound
- Manage & develop the sound, Lighting & production to ensure that SWX Bristol is operated to the highest standard
- Act as a point of contact for all production enquiries concerning the venue
- Manage external technical contractors & roster for shows
- Attend Trade Shows & competitor venues to keep up with the industry trends
- Manage & advance all artist riders, liaise with external management agents and promoters
- Ensure that the servicing & repairs are done to ensure everything is in full working order
- Reporting directly to the General Manager
- Ensure that the venue is getting the best prices for all technical hired equipment
- Attend training courses as required
- Keep the General Manager informed at all times of any technical issues
- Work within annual budgets for sound and Light equipment
- Operating of the venue on event nights
- Stage Managing production & artist’s liaison.
- Ensuring that all delegated tasks are completed fully and in a timely fashion.
- Review trading trends and act as required.
- Assist the General Manager with Corporate Hire enquiries
- Implement systems and control to improve reporting and efficiency across the business.
- Liaise and work closely with the General Manager for the Health & Safety of the venue
- Understand and comply with the licensing and legal aspects of running a nightclub.
- Informing the General Manager of all unusual incidents and actions of staff and patrons.
- Ensuring the proper and efficient maintenance of the premises and equipment.
- Ensuring the development of trainee management and staff.
- Ensuring the security of the venue property
- Ensuring that our customers receive standards of service, product and entertainment in line with Company policy and strategy.
Other specific responsibilities:
- Oversee administrative procedures for the venue
- Ensuring the venue runs efficiently from an operations perspective.
- Watch for accidents and defects or damage to equipment and premises. Deal with immediately to ensure accidents are correctly dealt with and recorded on the relevant legal documentation.
- As a key member of the management team your primary duty is to oversee the day-to-day operation of the Technical department
Experience and personal characteristics:
- 2-3 Years in a live music venue
- Great attention to detail.
- High level of numeracy.
- An authoritative, well spoken negotiator.