Salary: GBP TBC
Application Deadline: August 1, 2019 8:00 am
Company: Enlightened Lighting Ltd
Who we are
Enlightened is one of the largest event suppliers in the South West, with over 17,000 Sq Ft of warehouse our hire stock inventory includes the very latest in entertainment technology. Our long-standing relationships with top quality industry manufacturers enable us to Sell, Install and Repair equipment across the UK.
This position will handle new installation leads and enquiries from initial brief through to design, specification, quotation and conversion to order. You will be providing technical installation solutions for a diverse range of clients and venues within the entertainment and educational sectors.
The successful candidate will support Enlightend’s growth by building customer relationships, identifying business opportunities and converting enquiries into business revenue through a client focused approach. In addition, the candidate will work alongside others to help achieve Enlightened’s long term strategic goals. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for clients, ensuring that they receive the best installation solution to meet their requirements.
This is a unique opportunity to secure a sought after role in our close and talented team in our dynamic and expanding installation department.
The ideal candidate will be technically proficient and have a thorough understanding of all theatrical systems including AV, Lighting, Sound, Staging & Rigging.
Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Receive customer enquiries by phone and email.
• Arrange and attend site surveys and meetings as appropriate.
• Assess and respond to opportunities from existing or from new clients.
• Produce and submit technical design solutions for installation projects as required. These may take the form of a quotation, proposal document or tender response.
• All documentation must be created to a high standard of presentation and depending on the skillset of the candidate this could include 3D visualisation and CAD drawings to support the project proposal.
• Support the client through the entire process, which may involve assessing a client’s technical requirements and developing a project brief. Throughout the process the candidate will ensure all information presented to the client is in a format that is clear and concise.
• Maintaining accurate project estimates for labour and materials during the quoting process to ensure revisions are able to be actioned in a timely manner.
• In conjunction with the Head of Installation, produce detailed project timelines for the benefit of the installation team and client to achieve predetermined deadlines.
• Keep a detailed record of current enquiries and “live” quotations, following up with customers where appropriate.
• Maintain a detailed record of customer feedback to inform an ongoing evaluation process to ensure Enlightened are providing cost-effective proposals for our customers.
• Organise demonstrations of equipment relevant to the project requirements
• Grow strong relationships with our suppliers.
• Maintain regular communication with dealers to ensure the company is aware of the latest technology relevant to the entertainment and educational sectors.
• Assist project managers in the planning, organising and managing of projects from receipt of purchase order through to commissioning, including:
• Providing AutoCAD drawings for your designs as required, including but not limited to equipment layout drawings, cable schedules and wiring diagrams where appropriate.
• Write detailed proposal documentation to inform the Project Manager’s crew briefs and installation schedules.
• Coordinate project requirements with the sales department and admin staff, including:
• Procurement of equipment and materials to meet project deadlines.
• Relaying custom details to manufacturers for equipment fabrication.
• Managing stock levels.
• Take a proactive approach to ensure clear lines of communication within the Installation team.
• After the commissioning stage, assist the Head of Installation with the creation of content for operating and maintenance manuals.
• Work closely with the Sales & Business Development Manager, providing technical solutions and quotations for high value leads.
• Ensure clear lines of communication between the sales and installation departments are maintained in order to provide competitively priced installation solutions to our clients.
• Support the Head of Installation and Installation Coordinator with quoting for inspection and testing enquiries.
• Ability to manage and prioritise current enquiries, whilst meeting strict deadlines.
About the candidate
• Have a passion and thorough understanding of technical systems used within theatre and live events.
• Must have several years of experience within the industry in a production or installation capacity. Previous experience within installation projects is desirable but not essential.
• Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to self manage.
• Warm and kind personality, enthusiasm to help clients understand their requirements.
• Have good communication skills and exemplary telephone manner.
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Experience with CAD packages such as AutoCAD is desirable.
• Hold a clean UK Driving licence.
Hours & Location Of Work
Your time will be shared between customer sites and Enlightened Head Office in Bristol. Staying away from home on location will be required for periods from time to time.
You will be required to join the Saturday rota, working one Saturday in five / six, 09.30 hrs to 12.00 hrs.
Be part of the out of hours support rota.
As an essential member of the Enlightened team you should be willing to undertake all reasonable duties requested or work under your own initiative as circumstances require.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and covering letter to [email protected]