Salary: GBP £2000
Application Deadline: October 15, 2019 12:00 pm
Company: The Wardrobe Theatre
Deadline: Midday, Tuesday 15th October 2019
Rehearsals: 24th October – 21st November 2019
Apply by emailing: [email protected]
The Wardrobe Theatre is seeking an Assistant Director for the in-house Christmas production, Drac & Jill, directed by Tom Brennan. The production will be rehearsed in Bristol and performed at The Wardrobe Theatre.
As Assistant Director, duties would include:
– Performing research tasks prior to and during rehearsals.
– Keeping the script up to date.
– Attending all rehearsals and production meetings.
– Communicating with the production team.
– Being a supportive, sensitive and compassionate individual in the rehearsal room who is easy to approach, has great time management and a good sense of fun.
– Assisting the company in documenting the devising and rehearsal process.
– Observing and assisting the director in the production weeks as required.
– Making notes during previews to share with the director. Once the show has opened, attending the show and noting where necessary.
– Attending and participating in post-show discussions by mutual agreement with the producer.
– Any further duties as required by the Director.
We are looking for an Assistant Director who:
– Is local to Bristol or the surrounding areas.
– Can be supportive and sensitive in the rehearsal room.
– Can give a strong reason for wanting to work on Drac & Jill.
– Can explain how this experience will inform their artistic development.
– Has experience or a strong desire to be working with new writing and/or devising.
– Skilled at using Google Docs and Word.
How To Apply
Application should be typed and emailed to [email protected] with the subject “Drac & Jill – Assistant Director”. PDF form is preferable. The application will require a CV (no more than two pages) and a letter (one A4 page) detailing:
– Why you are interested in assisting on this particular project.
– What the project will mean in terms of your artistic development.
– The skills and experience you can bring to the rehearsal room and production.