Salary: GBP Excellent rates of pay
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019 8:00 am
Company: The Pauline Quirke Academy of Performing Arts
Experienced in Film & TV? Love working with children and young people?
This is the job for you!
PQA, the new generation of weekend performing arts academies set up by actress, Pauline Quirke, are currently recruiting a Film & TV Teacher in Bradley Stoke
We’re looking for a filmmaker to teach our students all aspects of filmmaking; everything from pre-production through to filming.
You will be inspiring the hearts and minds of our students, aged 6-18 years, so you need to be passionate about film making and have an interest in arts education.
You will be working alongside our students to create exciting material that will be shared on PQA’s own TV channel, PQATV. Then, ultimately working towards creating a portfolio of short films ready to be screened in the local cinema in Bradley Stoke as well as entering the short films into regional and national film festivals.
We are looking for someone who is organised, creative, hard-working, a team-player, full of energy, has clear communication skills and has the ability to use their own initiative.
The ideal candidate will have:
– At least one year of experience working professionally within the film and/or TV industry
– Experience of working with young people, although training will be provided for the right candidate
– A degree or equivalent; other relevant experience will be considered
– Technical ability; the candidate will need to be capable with DSLR cameras and sound recording equipment
– Experience in editing short films
The candidate must have a willingness to complete relevant training and a current DBS check will be required.
The chosen candidate will be required to work Saturdays (9:30am –5 pm) during term time.
Excellent rates of pay.
Please apply by sending a cover letter, CV and a link to short film project you have been involved in to [email protected]