Salary: GBP 26k pro rata
Application Deadline: December 4, 2017 9:00 am
Company: Vamos Theatre
Vamos Theatre is looking for a highly motivated Marketing Manager
The suitable candidate must have at least 2 years’ Arts Marketing experience, with knowledge of marketing small/medium scale shows to theatres, arts and community venues. In this post, you will lead on all marketing campaigns for the company’s national and international touring work, site-specific walkabout theatre, Learning and Participation, and Special Commissions. You will have experience of creating and working to budgets; developing marketing materials that support and reflect brand guidelines, and an ethos of accessibility; maintaining and building relations with national and local press, venues and outside partners; and reporting and evaluating audiences and campaign achievements.
An excellent telephone and written manner is vital, and the role requires a highly organised, efficient person who can manage multiple tasks, work calmly under pressure, and have excellent computer skills relevant to the post. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do, and you should demonstrate a commitment and positively contribute to our aim of increasing the inclusivity of our work.
We tour to over seventy small to middle scale venues a year throughout the UK and abroad. We also perform Walkabout theatre at events and conferences, deliver an extensive workshop and education package, and produce Special Commission projects. Since 2008, Vamos’s major productions have been supported by grants from Arts Council England and Worcestershire County Council. 2018-22 see the start of our journey as an Arts Council England NPO.
Vamos Theatre is a welcoming and friendly place to work. We have eight committed and ambitious core staff, currently with four office-based, who work alongside a pool of associate practitioners. Our offices are at Worcester Arts Workshop in central Worcester.
– An ambitious individual with creative flair and a passion for touring theatre
– Strong experience of planning and/or working within existing marketing campaigns
– Minimum of two years’ professional experience in an Arts Marketing
– Ability to prioritise multiple projects and be flexible and adaptable
– A confident and creative copywriting style that supports and reflects brand guidelines, and an ethos of accessibility
– Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
– Experience of working with venues to monitor and evaluate audiences
– Excellent attention to detail
– Strong experience of digital marketing including social media engagement
– A high level of self-motivation
– A commitment to, and understanding of, the principles underpinning equality and inclusion
– Comfortable liaising with the public, and the arts and business communities
– Able to work in the Worcester-based Vamos office
– Experience working in a small team in a busy environment
– Experience marketing to hard to reach audiences
– Driving license and own car, living in short commuting distance of Worcester
– Experience of marketing international touring work
We particularly welcome applications from D/deaf and disabled people, and we guarantee to interview all D/deaf and disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for the vacancy.
Hours and pay
Hours are initially 24 hours per week that can be spread over 3-5 days, with the potential for additional hours in the future.
If working on a 3 days per week basis, Vamos office hours are 9.30am – 5.30pm
Rates of Pay
£300 per week inclusive of all expenses (£26,000 pro rata)
Vamos Theatre’s Board is currently undertaking a salary review to take effect from 1st April 2018
The post is a freelance post and therefore is not eligible for holiday pay.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for their own tax and National Insurance contributions.
Closing date: 4th December 2017, 9am
Interview: 14th December- you must be available all day please.
If you have not heard back by Friday 8th December, please assume you have not been successful in your application.
For a full job description please contact the Vamos Office 01905 312921
To apply please complete the application form, which includes an equal opportunities monitoring form. Download the form from our website
Please email these alongside your CV and a covering letter, which should set out what skills and experience you would bring to Vamos Theatre and why the job interests you. A reference letter from a past employer is also a recommended addition to your application.