Salary: GBP Negotiable. £15-20K
Application Deadline: November 28, 2018 8:00 am
This is a unique opportunity to secure a role in our close and talented team to ensure all equipment is prepared, returned & maintained to the high standards expected by our clients and productions.
The right person for this role should be technically proficient and have a passion for event, live music and theatre lighting. Our extensive inventory is constantly expanding and in high demand; consisting of the very latest in industry moving light technology alongside the tried and tested industry essential fixtures. This is an excellent opportunity for any keen lighting technician to further develop their industry knowledge.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prepare equipment for hire / use / sale.
- Return & Test equipment post hire / use.
- Follow warehouse procedure and processes
- Check incoming deliveries against delivery notes and transfer to storage as required.
- Assist with stock control and asset tracking
- To load/unload vehicles as required.
- Ensure the workplace is a safe environment to work in and address health and safety issues where possible.
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment to as high a standard as practically possible.
- Take bookings and enquires (including sales) over the counter from customers
- Provide technical advice and assistance to customers where required
- Liaise with the production department on larger production jobs.
- Prioritise kit leaving and entering the building.
- Occasional work onsite assisting venues and productions, setting up and operating equipment as required.
- Ensure work and communal areas are kept clean and tidy, bins emptied etc..
- Be prepared to undertake work onsite production as a technician on an occasional basis
- Create and Improve workflows and systems/procedures.
As a member of the Enlightened team, you must be prepared to undertake all duties as circumstances dictate
Hours & Location Of Work
Between 40 and 48hrs per week. Standard working hours are as follows but alternative hours may be required.
09.00 hrs to 17.30 Monday to Friday.
1/2 an hour unpaid lunch break each day.
In addition, you will be required to join the Saturday rota, working one Saturday in five / six, 09.30 hrs to 12.00 hrs in our Bristol warehouse and participate in the emergency out of hours callout system
As an essential member of the Enlightened team you should be willing to undertake all reasonable duties requested or under your own initiative as required by circumstance.