Salary: GBP £20k - £25k Dependent Upon Experience
Application Deadline: April 26, 2019 12:00 pm
Company: BES Systems
Warehouse Operative / Manager
BES are currently looking for a flexible, proactive and self-motivated person to join our operations team as a Warehouse Manager.
Additionally, when time is quiet, the role involves working within the operations team at the company’s warehouse, testing, cleaning and preparing a range of technical equipment.
Working in a small dedicated team, a flexible and adaptable approach to working hours will be vital. The role is a public face of the company and we are looking for a presentable fluent English speaker with good communications skills and a generally cheerful demeanor.
Applicants must have a good driving record, with a full UK Driving Licence, for Category B, with category C1 as a distinct advantage.
You will be a well organised & numerate individual, with good basic IT skills and an attention to detail and accuracy.
This role will involve the manual handling of bulky equipment and will also involve assisting within other areas of the business as required.
Forklift License is an advantage.
We are looking for an industry professional to take on the role as Warehouse Manager. We’re happy to consider a variety of offers but at the core the ideal person would have the majority of the following:
- Industry Experience now looking to settle down or Previous Industry Warehouse Experience
- Knowledge of staging, lighting, sound, rigging and industry standards
- Team player, happy to help where required, within reason
- A willingness to learn
- Experienced in rental software ideally Current RMS
- Takes pride and ownership in their work
- Commitment to the job / company
The job consists of, but is not limited to:
- Prepare equipment for hire / use / sale
- Return & test equipment post hire / use
- Creating & following warehouse procedure and processes
- Check incoming deliveries against delivery notes and transfer to storage as required.
- Assist with stock control and asset tracking
- To load / unload vehicles as required
- Ensure the workplace is a safe environment to work in and address health and safety issues where possible
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment to as high a standard as practically possible
- Provide technical advice and assistance to customers where required
- Prioritise kit leaving and entering the building
- Keep the warehouse in order, clean & tidy
- Manage equipment shortages, liaising with the office / customer
- Manage freelancers used to help during increased work loads
- Occasional onsite delivery / collection in company vehicle
N.B. Training will be provided where applicable
- Employment hours are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week, exclusive of lunch breaks
- Normal business hours are 09.00 am. to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday but these are flexible on negotiation
- You may from time to time be required to work longer than your contracted hours.
- The holiday year runs from 1 January to 31 December each year. You are entitled to 24 days holiday per year, excluding any bank and public holidays.
- Overtime could be accrued to be used in time off in lieu, Significant overtime will be paid at normal rate.
- Probationary Period of 3 month, salary dependent upon experience
Please send your CV and a letter of application to
01179 638 612