It’s the Christmas present you didn’t know you wanted:
A NEW WEBSITE!
This means some important changes over the next few weeks – please read about what this will mean for you, as it will affect how we communicate with you and what services you can access.
Theatrebristol.net has been getting slower and less reliable for some time, and we need to make sure it stays live and useful for the thousands of people who visit every day.
We don’t have a ton of cash to redevelop it so we’re doing it in stages. The first stage, which you’re visiting now, is the ‘minimum viable product’ – a new site that preserves your user accounts, your recent jobs and events listings etc, and links them all up again.
It might not look super swish to begin with but it should be cleaner, faster and more accessible.
We will do another development stage later in 2018 to pick up any key issues from users, and put some of our ‘stretch goals’ into action – the features and functions we couldn’t fit in this time round.
What this means for you:
1. If you have a user account (for uploading content etc.) you’ll be asked to create a new password when you login for the first time. If you had a profile listed as an ‘Organisation’ you will find this listed under organisations that are linked to your user account. This will make sense when you log in! If you’re new to the site you can Register here and here’s a quick registration tutorial.
2. The vast majority of user accounts will still work but there may be a few cases where we’ve preserved your content but not been able to link up your account, e.g. if it was created on a sister site that no longer exists, like theatregloucestershire.net. Sorry if this applies to you – if you try to log in and it doesn’t work email and we’ll do our best to help you hook a new account up with your old content from 3rd January.
3. Some images will be missing – there were 52,000 images on the old site (!) which couldn’t all be linked up, so while we’ve preserved your profiles and listings, we recommend that you log on and update your user profile and event pictures if you can’t see them on the new site.
4. There may be teething problems! We’ve been working hard to make the transfer smooth but unforeseen problems are always, well, unforeseen. Please be patient while we fix them.
5. Please send us feedback. Once things are up and running, if you have any comments please email and we’ll take them into consideration for our next development stage.
6. There will be new functions on the site, like being able to add multiple organisations or theatre companies and invite other users to join them as collaborators or staff members. It should also be easier to find content that relates to your interests. We’ll put information about this up on the site next year.
7. Our newsletter will continue as usual, however they’ll look a little different! If you haven’t signed up yet, sign up here.
We want to keep theatrebristol.net free for everyone AND make it better, more useful and relevant to artists, organisations and audiences. If you like the new site, please wave a flag for it online. If you need help with it, email