For theatre makers, directors, choreographers and artists interested in using digital media in their performance work
A free event presented by University of Gloucestershire and Strike A Light
16 Feb 2018
A chance to explore, discover and discuss how digital media can be integrated into performance work. The digital play day is a relaxed, creative opportunity to:
- Work with different equipment and technologies as creative starting points
- Hear from artists who integrate digital media into their work in very different ways
- Find out more about the University’s research projects in this area and how cutting edge technologies are shaping future performance
- Explore ways of using easily accessible technology in performance such as smart phones and QR codes
- Discover creative ways of using ‘ retro’ technology – like overhead projectors and tape recorders, Pepper’s ghost illusions and Foley sound effects.
- Meet other artists
- Contribute to Strike A Light’s plans for artist development
Funded by Being Human and Arts Council England
For more information or if you have any questions please contact [email protected]
Lunch will be included so please let us know any dietary requirements when you book your place.
For more info and to book your place visit: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/strike-a-light-11097761319
Performing Arts Centre, Oxstalls Campus, University of Gloucestershire