We’re looking for 5 Next Generation Carnival artists to train and learn ‘on the job’ with two community groups who’ll parade in Gloucester Carnival on 13 July 2019.We’re looking for emerging artists with training and/or experience in:
- making (e.g. costume, fashion, 3-D structures) and/or
- performance (e.g. direction, choreography, music)
Carnival Arts Partners are equal opportunities employers. To support our shared aims for Gloucester Carnival, we’d welcome expressions of interest from artists who have lived experience of disability and/or who are representative of Gloucester’s diverse communities.
What trainees will get:
- Training in the Art of Masquerade, Costume-Making for Diverse Groups, Sustainable Materials and/or Music for Parade
- A mentor
- Coaching in specific carnival artforms and/or how to work in community settings
- New contacts and potential opportunities through CAP partners, including Cowley Road Works, who run Oxford’s carnival.
- One traineeship will focus on structure making.
Timescale, commitment & fee:
- Approximately 13-14 days (dependent on role) between 30 April and 29 July 2019.
- The fee is £1,000 inclusive of local travel and expenses.
Deadline for expressions of interest: Tuesday 23 April 2019
Selection day: 25 April 2019
07917 769 959